1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola RAZR V3 still cant unlock with providers key

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by NearFedUp, Oct 22, 2008.

1. NearFedUp

NearFedUp Member

Hi everyone
    Ive been trying to unlock my fone for the last couple weeks and I finally thought that I should contact Optus and get the bloody key from them. Well it was given to me without a hitch I thanked them and then hanged up. I followed the guys instructions :

Turn off fone get another sim card from another carrier insert and turn on should get a message saying Enter Subsidy Code.

Instead I got a message saying "contact service provider"

I think early this year I may have install a monster pack on my fone or did an upgrade via the motorola software updater (cant remember sorry) here is the details I got from flash

Boot Loader
    SW Version: R374_G_OE.42.15R

Is there some way that I can get to a screen which lets me enter the numbers I have been given?
    Or do I need to down grade my version which I read somewhere was not advisable or should I use something like the Unlocker.zip posted in

lastly I could contact Optus again (I am reluctant though as I am currently over seas in Vietnam and will be here for a few months yet) and the roaming call rates are total crap its cheaper to bring it to a shop here perhaps and let them crack it for me.

2. NearFedUp

NearFedUp Member

Close this thread I finally did the unlocking myself hope everyone else has as much luck as I did. Mind you I got no help at all with this had to do it on my own CYA....

3. tmo1113

tmo1113 Member

Hey I was wondering if you could please help me to unlock my Razor, I know no one helped you but I don't even got the codes. If you can help me I'd be very appreciative.

4. NearFedUp

NearFedUp Member

Hi tmo1113
    Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your V3 also.
    Firstly I think I should let you know how unlucky you are as I have only just 3 hours ago deleted the links to the websites that I used to get my phone unlocked and I cant for the life of me remember who or where they were. May I suggest also that you should give a little more info as im sure there is someone here that can further assist you, unfortunately you will need to be patient for a reply. I can tell you though I did find alot of info on unlocking the V3 RAZR and in the end you may need to do a test point procedure to unlock it which isnt that hard to do I myself spent $15 in fone calls to my provider and they ended up telling me that all I needed to do was put in another sim card from another provider and leave the fone on for 2 hours which worked (remember I did get the unlock code from them originally) hope ive helped but probably not much for you dont worry im sure someone will offer better advice... :)

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/501960
    Worked with a SIM card V3 from Cingular.
    Not sure if the software I had will work on this version bootloader, I had 8.26 and downgraded it to 7.0