1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting virtual clone

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by gemmit, Nov 14, 2008.

1. gemmit

gemmit Member

O.K. I have ripped to image, and when I go to the folder that contains the image,I right click on the largest file (ISO)it says "burn using ImgBurn" so I attempt to do this and I get an error message that says, system can not find the file specified, so does anybody have an idea as to what I am doing wrong. I am very new at this, so I am just kinda picking my way through the land mines. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

gem.

2. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Are you trying to mount an image to watch on your PC, or burn a disc?

3. gemmit

gemmit Member

Thanks you for the response odin24, I am try to burn to a BD disc.

4. odin24

odin24 Regular member

1. Open IMGBurn
    2. Choose Burn Image to disc, locate your image (.iso)
    3. Make sure you burn to UDF 2.5
    4. Burn

5. gemmit

gemmit Member

Okay Thanks again Odin24, one more question, once you have the ISO in your folder is it possible to trim its size, for example, the ISO I currently have is 28+ GB my disc is a 25GB so I am just curious if this can be done if not that is fine also I will just have to get a 50 GB disc even though they are pricey. Thanks again for the response.

Gem.

6. odin24

odin24 Regular member

No. I'm assuming your .iso is of the whole disc. What you need to do is remux just the main movie to blu-ray and burn just that, however you would loose the special feature... you could save them and burn them to DVD... or whatever.

Go to Slysoft's site, get and install their virtual drive. Mount the iso and now you have access to the files in the BD structure. Fro there you can work and remux just the main movie.

Here's a thread that discusses how to handle what you need to do. There's a guide and applications that you need at the begining in a packaged download.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/639346

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  7. gemmit

gemmit Member

Yes, I have been to the Slysoft site, I do have anydvdhd and have used both methods i.e. rip to HDD and rip to image ,yesterday I copied the pdf "a guide to creating BD-5 and 9 to play on a stand alone player" from the afterdawn site, I was following it word for word until on page 18 where he was talking about remuxGUI I opened that up, but I could only get one of the knobs to work and that was the one to change the fps all the other ones were grayed out, so I uninstalled then reinstalled, thinking maybe I got a corrupted file, but again no luck so I do have the package it just seems that I can not advance past tsmuxer. Thanks again odin you have been most helpful, more so than on the slysoft forum, oh and I do have the VCD from slysoft.

Gem.

8. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Ok then. What format is the movie in now, ISO or BD structure (BDMV & Certificate)?

9. gemmit

gemmit Member

Both, in separate folders of course.

10. odin24

odin24 Regular member

OK. You can delete the .iso. Keep the BD structure.

First we need to determine which MPLS file (playlist file) contains the main movie and this is good to determine if your movie is a seamless branching title (several m2ts files to the main movie). You need an app called BDInfo

Open BDinfo and select the BDMV folder to analyze the BD. There should be several MPLS files on the left, and several M2TS files on the right. Locate the MPLS file that has the largest (file size and time length) on the right.

1. Using tsMuxeR open the MPLS file that contains the main movie information. By opening the MPLS file instead of the M2TS file you will get chapter points and stream information, languages, etc.

2. De-select all of the tracks that you do not want. Usually you would normallly keep the video, one audio (HD audio) and maybe a subtitle track, I usually keep all english subs just in case they are needed.

3. Go to the Blu-ray tab, select custom chapter list, keep the information that is already there.

IMPORTANT: If your movie has DTS HD-MA or LPCM you can mux to Blu-ray, these options are located on the first tab. If your movie has TrueHD you should mux to m2ts and an extra step is neccesary using a different program call tsremux.

If your movie has regular AC3 or DTS you do not need to use tsremux, proceed with tsMuxeR.

4. Select your appropriate option and start muxing.

If your movie has TrueHD open the m2ts file that you created in tsMuxeR in tsremux. select your streams and mux to Blu-ray.

5. Now that you have your new BDMV and Certificate folders you can use IMGBurn and burn to BD, make sure you burn to UDF 2.5.

Done.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  11. gemmit

gemmit Member

Okay, with a few exceptions ie. checking some boxes in TsmuxeR, those are the exact steps I have been using. I tried againg with the same result, nada, so I am begging to suspect that the disc itself might be faulty, so I will pickup another tomorrow and try again, hopefully with better results. Any way Odin24, I am grateful for your help, I think I will continue to use this forum instead of the a fore mentioned, I will let you know of the results from tomorrows try.

Gem.