1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTR Error - BUP and IFO size

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by kelbelle2, Oct 30, 2007.

1. kelbelle2

kelbelle2 Guest

This is a new error for me, and I'm hoping I didn't miss anything in a previous thread.

I am getting errors saying "BUP and IFO size for fileset 1 is not the same be warned!" and this pops up with an ok box. After clicking this another box pops up, for the error for the next fileset 2 (example), after going through all of the errors MTR is unable to do anything. I can't click GO or change the MODE.

I did the usual - played the movie for over 5 minutes, etc. and the errors still appear. This happens in both MTR2 and MTR3.

Does anyone know what to do with this?

Thanks in advance!

2. kelbelle2

kelbelle2 Guest

I should also state that after the errors an I/O Error box appears with "Can't read DVD title set info"

3. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, kelbelle2:

I assume you're using Full Disc Extraction mode. Try changing the mode, and use Main Feature Extraction (or Title Set Extraction.)

Cheers

4. kelbelle2

kelbelle2 Guest

That's the thing...I can't change it.

After the errors MTR says "please wait" and none of the buttons are clickable.

5. david456

david456 Regular member

Let me also add: Eject the DVD. Go to the MacTheRipper Preferences, and disable Pre Scan.

6. kelbelle2

kelbelle2 Guest

I tried that too - no change, it still shows the same errors.

grrr lol

7. david456

david456 Regular member

Hmm, if Pre Scan is disabled, when you insert the DVD, MacTheRipper will not scan it, and you should not receive errors. You should at least be able to change modes, and click Go.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  8. kelbelle2

kelbelle2 Guest

I disabled the prescan in MTR3 and my older version and both are still popping up with the errors.

Never had this problem before.

9. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, kelbelle2:

If you haven't trashed your MacTheRipper preferences, you can try that and restart MacTheRipper.

Otherwise, this is a known issue with some movies (such as: Blade of Chton, Mulberry Street, Flight of the Living Dead, Codename, Silent Hill and others) because the MacTheRipper code cannot handle these (newer) copy protections. Other Mac and Windows rippers have similar problems in theses cases.

Perhaps, you could try the very latest MacTheRipper build: 3.0-R14i. The code may have been changed to address this issue.

10. kelbelle2

kelbelle2 Guest

I still haven't been able to find a solution to this problem. Just tried Hairspray and I'm having the same thing happen. Any new ideas?? :0)

11. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, kelbelle2:

This isn't a Mac solution, but if the latest MacTheRipper doesn't do the job, try the latest version of AnyDVD - a Windows application.

Cheers

12. kelbelle2

kelbelle2 Guest

Thanks anyway but I was hoping for a Mac solution here...I'm not running any Windows programs on my computer.