1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My xbox wont start up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by oTrain, Apr 23, 2009.

1. oTrain

oTrain Member

well i recently softmodded my xbox and when i used the Auto Installer Deluxe 4.4 and i loaded a bunch of application on my xbox along with some emulators and roms. everthing went fine untill i went to reboot my xbox. when i reboot it when it comes to the unleashed x screen before then main menu it just freezes and doesnt do anything. i tried other ways to start it up like putting in splinter cell and trying to get to my dashboard but that also froze up on me. can anyone help me? thanks.

2. Swango

Swango Member

did you back up your dash files onto your pc or a dvd? you can reinstall all the files using xboxhdm 1.9 if you have the eeprom backed up. even if you dont have your dash you can go back to M$ dash (find the files on this site) but you need to unlock the hd to write them. Another way is called "hotswapping" You open up the xbox and unplug the dvd ide cable and turn on your xbox. Unplug the ide cable from your hard drive then plug your ide from your computer to this hard drive. Your hdd will then be unlocked and you can copy files to it.
    A more complete explanation of hotswapping and how to make the files on xboxhdm are found here....

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/548462

3. Swango

Swango Member

I should have said Hotswapping is another way to unlock the hdd. You will still need dash files to write to the drive after you unlock it.