1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a free copy of NERO

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by langthang, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobear

brobear Guest

First I'm told I need a wife and then asked if I have a life. Geez, what's next? LOL And all this on a Nero thread. Have to at least throw the name in occasionally. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Brobear......... I was only getting your dander up! you know I live in Ft Lauderdale and most of the time the weather hear is great... except for the occational HURRICANE!!!!! I, too find myself on here often cause it's fun to help out others find their way to backing up their DVDs! But I find it hard to keep up with an AD Addict as yourself! I can only do this in the morning time as I work in the afternoons and I like to get out on Sundays and enjoy the day! But to stay on here all day and night as you do...... and you still are married! You got it all going on!

I bought the HD tivo with Directv service for on High Def...... and my old (5yrs old) RCA 52" HD ready won't take the new HDMI connection (and I used an adapter from Radio Shack). Soooooooo I am ready for a Plazma or and LCD tv. Which one should I use! or should I just PM you for your personal advise or put it in a new thread! LOL

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Plasma vs LCD is a forum topic in itself. Both have their pros and cons. Check out the info at this site. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=6106845&&#post6106845 I try not to tell anyone what to buy on a major purchase like that, just point them to a bunch of relevant info so they can make an informed decision on their own. That way they don't get to curse me if they feel the wrong decision was made. Usually the individual makes the right one, don't they? LOL

Rest up, it won't be too long before your hurricane season fires up again. According to research, there's a heavy cycle for the next few years. Then there's the global warming theory. Either way it's bad news as far as hurricanes go. I always wonder about global warming. How does that account for the horrible storms recorded in the past before industrial pollution and automobiles were a problem.

But that has little to do with Nero, unless you're like some people I know who are recording DVDs on backups while the storm rages. Got Nero in there again. ;)

4. umug

umug Regular member

Careful brobear the 'Greenies' might hear you and you'll end up like the many scientists who have tried to speak up about the so called 'Global Warming'.

They've been ostracized, threatened, and worse.

It's all part of the Sun Spot Cycles IMHO.

There has been at least one book written about the 'facts' we are being fed but I can't find the book name or printing company at present, unfortunately.

To try to keep on subject a little I just updated Nero 6 to 6.6.14 :)

5. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

I'll help someone in need...

The latest ver is 6.6.0.18
    LMAO!

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@permiggs, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the latest version is 6.6.1.4 (as at jan31) cheers.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

http://ww2. nero.com/nero6/enu/Nero_Burning_ROM_6_Release_Notes.html

As of August 4, 2005 Nero lists the release version as 6.6.0.16. I could be wrong, but you can remove the space from the link above and paste it to the Address window and check it out.

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  9. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

@Gwendolin

You are right... And you know what? I had that update done as well when it came out!! Got so used to that number 18 tough... LOLOL

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Interesting info on that link, according to that the Nero site isn't supplying the downloads they have available on the ftp download site. Guess you can't trust the Nero webpage all the time for the latest. I'm not too worried about it. I'm using the Nero 7. I've had it from the start and for my usage, I didn't run into the bugs that plagued it early on. It's proving to be as good as the Nero 6, there's more of it and updated apps as well. A user of Nero 6 will see much held over and updated, besides the new upgrades.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i shall grab that 6.6.1.4 update tonight...

you'd think Nero would try to keep their pages up to date, there's updated info on the downloads page, but i'll wager the release notes aren't listed

13. whompus

whompus Active member

Your wager would be correct. There release notes for 6 is still at 6.6.0.16

The download web page was updated on the day of release. That is not always true though. I have seen it not be updated on the web page for whatever reason for up to 2 days in the past.

The site that the updates for all there apps go to first is the ftp server. I think there is a couple the one I use is.
    ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/software/

Just fyi also if you want to see 6.6.0.19b that has not been mentioned go here and look under benq folder
    ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/oem

And last when they get the internal update working from inside nero across the web. And if you are like me and find yourself needing to update several systems from time to time the updates the web update will use should be in here. To download for mulitiple updates without having to do it from the web update inside nero.
    ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/Nero%20Web/

14. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Hello Creaky. Long time no see! You found land yet? I know it was on sight...
    Are you still running Nero 6, or you think 7 is worth 'buying'?

I'm kinda doing my very own private pool... Is that worth a thread?

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hi, lol.

moving tomorrow, i haven't exactly got much stuff to move so should be back online fairly quickly. i've just downloaded the 6.6.1.4 update but haven't installed it yet. i've no need for 7.x so will stay with 6.x myself.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I am sticking with 6 for the time being. I own 7 which I bought when it first came out but it had a few bugs. I like 6 because it still has the media player which is GWTW in 7, they have integrated it all into Showtime. Eventually I suppose I will put it in again.

17. brobear

brobear Guest

I went with 7 from the beginning. It's a lot like 6 only more and I think better. The bugs mentioned must have been fixed pretty quick or I didn't use the parts affected till they were (and I've used most of the suite from time to time). Irregardless, I've had a trouble free experience so far. As for the media player, I don't mind the setup as I rarely used it. I prefer WinDVD 7 over Showtime and PowerDVD, I own the PowerDVD as well. I guess when a person gets used to a certain app, it's hard to change (the media player).

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I use the media player mainly to play music, I like it better the WMP. So I guess that is why I am loathe to give it up, I would miss it. For DVD watching I do use Nero Showtime or PowerDVD.

19. brobear

brobear Guest

I guess it's all in what you get used to. That's why I'd hate to get rid of the WinDVD 7. I will though if I find something better. It plays music tracks as well as video and supplies the accompanying "light show" if one wants to watch. I was listening to some old Aerosmith and it will mess with your head. LOL I've got a little Altec Lansing speaker system that sounds better than a lot of entertainment centers. I only needed the 4-1 system, the woofer will break things, mostly eardrums.

20. brobear

brobear Guest

Creaky... How can you be the Nero-Nator and not have the new 7? 6 will end up going the way of 5 with lost support. Just yankin yer chain, 6 is still a good package, I just like new toys and staying current, and extra "bells and whistles" doesn't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.