1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Please !!`

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ronnie97, Nov 6, 2004.

1. ronnie97

ronnie97 Guest

Good day Everyone, i am roni..and i can say that i am a newbie on this forum and newbie too on how to burn DVD.my problem start a couple of days ago, when i brought a Liteon 8X dual layer DVD burner.I'll try to burn a Movie which is i think more than 4.3 Gig ,using DVD Decripter and Nero 5 ( this is the first time i try to burn). i set up a folder in one of my 4 partition hard drive which is about 23 gig of free space then start the process of ripping and burning.everything seems alright on a start until decrypter finished up the job and then i'll start using nero to burn it , but when i'll try to find it on a destination folder that i set up , its nothing
    there no file at all. and the blank dvd+r that i used
    together with nero is like empty too.
    Is some "experience guys"there help me by telling me step by step procedure on how i can properly burn a DVD ( from 4.3 gig up to bigger size of DVD) what tools i am gonna and how to use them.Any help that you guys can provide will be really appreciated.

thanks in advance , roni

p.s.

i notice that the 23 gig free space that i alloted to that DVD is getting less but still i can't find any files on there. shocking...

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Ronni, welcome to aD,

First things first - let's reclaim your HD space, OK ? Open DVD Decrypter and make sure we're the "File" mode (If that's what you used OR the "ISO" "Read" Mode if you were using that). The "destination" screen should be the same so now you can find your "missing" files.

Next, Do you have a reason for having such a large proggy as Nero Suite on your laptop ? You might wish to use something smaller than Nero, say, DVD Shrink ? DVD Shrink does an excellent job, provides as much control over your work as Nero's recode and is the same to operate. Both were designed by the same man.

Like anything, you may wish to "Kick" the tires and check "Under the hood". Here's a complete guide and download site - (I've also fixed it so your files just cannot get "lost", Lol :)

It's about the middle of the page - print it out and take it for a spin -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Let me know how it handles -

Pete

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  3. joeymac

joeymac Member

Hi Folks

Sad joeymac here at 4:00am - I must be nuts - correction, I am nuts!!!!!

Anyway enough of my ramblings, to business. Just looked in on AD and as usual learned so much thanks to Uncle Pete's ref: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599
    Like you, Pete, I am happy to pass on any experience I have, provided the 'Grasshoppers' make an effort.

Thanks for taking the time for us 'Newbies', I hope we can return your time & effort some day.

Carpe Diem

Joeymac

4. regor

regor Regular member

No ScubaPete, Carpe Diem does not mean "fish of the day"

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Now THAT ruined my whole day - - -

Speaking about returning . . . . . I could use a nice back rub :D)

Kidding aside, the very vast majority of the pple here make it a joy to help out, it's my pleasure, it really is -