1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP VERY FUSTRATED

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Wcombs9, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Wcombs9

Wcombs9 Member

i am using DVDSHRINK and Nero6. i keep recieving the error "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "D:\" Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

2. swadewade

swadewade Member

Hey there, Wcombs9. If you're new to this whole backup thing (as am I), you may find this "Scuba Pete Guide" very handy. It involves using Decrypter, then Shrink....you can still use Nero if you want.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110008

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

is your original dirty or scratched? otherwise, as stated above, you may need to use dvd decrypter first for this particular dvd.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Wcombs9,

If you're trying to alienate pple around here you're off to a great start. You're getting me quite steamed. I took my time and answered your question once and what did I get for my effort? I got a PM from you asking the exact same question AND another thread asking AGAIN the exact same question -

Why not piss everyone off and include them in your lack of appreciation for those that have taken their free time to try to help you - I hate being singled out by you for poor treatment -

If you don't like the answers you get, be a man - stand up and say so - don't disrespect your elders -

Ooohh yea, why don't you get creative and at least change your wording, being disrespective and lazy is really too much -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/14/105641

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Wcombs9,

You posted this same exact post in another thread just 24 minutes after your first post. Have some patience ... I do understand backup dvd's can be frustrating at the start, but we all are here on our free time. Not to mention multi posting is against forum rules.

Two threads and a PM, huh? Not good. I recommend you read our forum rules. There is also a rule about using PM's.
    Forum Rules:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    Rule #11:
    11. Don't abuse private messages -- if your post CAN be posted to public forums, POST IT to public forums. Some of our knowledgeable members receive hundreds of private messages daily and might abandon the site if asking questions through private messages continues.

I see Pete was nice enough to answer this ... next time try Afterdawn's search function. A simple search of "cyclic redundancy check" would have helped you answer this.