1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with DVD+R DL

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by billyclub, Nov 25, 2007.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

OK,you need to read or re-read my post and follow the guides i posted or the guides the other guys posted that i posted first that apparently you didn't read(you guys get that?lol)

ok first get rid of or put it out of your mind using Sonic MyDVD Plus its inferior software compared to the other options I/we posted. second read the guides and download the freeware I/we posted and FOLLOW THEM STEP BY STEP and it should work fine .IF YOU WANT A REALLY EASY PROGRAM TO USE THATS PRETTY MUCH FOOL PROOF USE clonedvd 2 + anydvd .I highly suggest you use this since you're having trouble with the steps using the freeware. Third box systems are sometimes a problem. CAUSE is conflicting pre-loaded software on the machine when you get it. SO AT LEAST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE MOST UP TO DATE FIRMWARE FOR THE DRIVE/BURNER. using a dvd-5 SL blank dvd is all you need to backup 99% of the dvds out there 25 cents each compared to using a dvd-9 blank dvd that cost about 1.75 to 1.80 each. Fourth all this takes practice like anything else you're learning so be patience follow the guides step by step and it will come to you

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

Hi, try the guide link below for RipIt4Me, its a great guide, but are you absolutly sure your DVD drive is dual layer.
    I'm a newbie to and the people on here have been a great help and shown me that some of the best software to use is free, it's just a case of being patient and reading the guides they recommend.
    I use RipIt4Me all the the time and can back-up DVD-9 daul layer disc to standard single layer no problem, once you've installed all the software, and there are different versions, my version V1.7.1.0 hasn't got the installer but has fixVts built in, so have patience but once installed it only takes about 25 minutes including burning. RipIt4Me link:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  3. billyclub

billyclub Member

It worked! Using DVD Shrink then saving it as an image file, then burning it to a single layer DVD-R (DVD5), played it back on my DVD player and bingo! Thanks to everyone esp Zoso for the help. Now if you excuse me I must drink 3 pints of alcohol before the world ends LOL!

4. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you were making it to hard think simply next time lol

6. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

I must be tired, I'm starting to see red.