1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some DVDFab/DVD Decrypter help here!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MU24, Apr 3, 2007.

1. MU24

MU24 Member

Hey everyone I'm new here. I use RipIt4Me, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter currently. My DVD Decrypter just crapped out on my laptop, and even downloading it again or moving the program from my desktop doesn't work anymore. That being said, I'm thinking of making the switch over to DVDFab Decrypter. Can anyone give me the skinny on how to insert this into what I already have rather seamlessly? The only problem I forsee now is that I was using DVD Decrypter to burn as well as rip. Any help would be appreciated (i.e. step by step instructions) :)

Thanks guys.

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

If you switch to using DVDFab Decrypter, you probably won't have to bother with RipIt4Me at all. DVDFab is regularly updated to handle newer encryptions, just as RipIt4Me was. And given the latest gossip concerning RI4M, it may not be a bad idea to switch. I believe the latest version of DVDFab is 3.0.9.6, which came out just this week. DVDFab rips the movie to your HDD, where you can then use a program like DVD Shrink to do a simple burn to a DVD.
    As for integrating DVDFab into RI4M process, I honestly don't know. If this is still the avenue you wish to take, then maybe someone else that has tried can walk you through it. I just figured I would drop this little piece of info for your consideration. Good Luck!

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

MU24,

Give this a go DVD Backup
    This will probably be the only sure fire way to backup your DVDs right now with free programs. As FFsp42 has pointed out RipIt4me has been closed down so getting support or updates is going to be impossible.
    The guide I provided you incorporates using DVDFab Decrypter, FixVTS, Shrink, and ImageBurn. It sounds like a lot but the whole process is actually quicker than using RipIt4Me.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

There's got to be something wrong with your pc set up. Decrypter can't just crap out. It's a stable old program. Do what the others have said because ripit is on it's last legs. They have given great advice.

5. MU24

MU24 Member

I think there's something wrong too, but the only thing that seems to be affected is DVD Decrypter and I'm taking it as a sign from the Pirate Gods that I need to change programs. I'll try these out and see which one works best for me. Thank you all for your help and quick response.

6. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

dvd decrypter crapped out on my computer too recently. I have vista and figured that was the problem.
    I switched to dvdfab and the process didnt skip a beat. also been experimenting with clonedvd..

I'm ripping with dvdfab, using FixVTS, then burning with clonedvd2.. does that sound like a pretty good quality backup?
    I'm really not concerned with time.. i just want the best quality possible thanks

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That is a pretty good process :)

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you already own CloneDVD 2, you should break down and buy the AnyDVD. Together they're a good pair for ripping or doing a backup on the fly.

Strange DVD Decrypter crapped out. That normally doesn't happen. Did you try using it alone or were you using it through RipIt4Me. I don't know how it would have gotten changed, but DVD Decrypter won't work properly if the path isn't right.

RipIt4Me is no longer supported, but if you have 1.7.1.0 it isn't obsolete yet. It's still one of the best decryption tools to use with DVD Shrink (or any program for that matter).

9. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

I was using decrypter alone.. I have no clue, it would just give me error after error so i went elsewhere. I've never used ripit4me.. though i have heard good things about it. too bad its going out.
    I think i'll look into getting anydvd. Its just going to be a bit tough dishing out cash since it seems that i already have a pretty effective system. We'll see.. Thanks for the help btw

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Before you start shelling out the cash, try the DVDFab Decrypter from DVDIdle. You get ripped files on the hard drive the same way you do with DVD Decrypter. You open files in Shrink from the HD the same way.

AnyDVD has been having some problems with Shrink. So if you go with AnyDVD, you may want to consider getting the CloneDVD 2 along with it.

11. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

yeah, above i said that i was using dvdclone2. I like it too. I've just playin around with some different things to see what i like. I've also used dvdfab and i really liked it. thanks for the suggestions.. they are greatly appreciated

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That's a good plan checking out the different software. I hope you don't turn into a software junky like me. LOL Besides AnyDVD try DVD Region + CSS Free from DVDIdle, it works about the same as AnyDVD. One of my favorite transcoders is from InterVideo, DVDCopy5. It's easy, but when you start checking all the controls, you'll see it does more than most transcoder software plus it's one of the fastest programs I've used. Speed isn't an issue with me, but it is for some people. Good luck.

13. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

I've become a bit of a junkie over the past few days.. I'll give those a try, thanks again. and speed is of no issue to me.. I'd rather have a higher quality backup and have it take a bit longer. anything else you'd recommend? i'm kinda itching to try new programs

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

My top suggestion is included in bbmayo's list. With the installer and guides available, I no longer see Rebuilder with CCE being a problem for beginners, at least not for those who can chew bubble gum and walk. That program makes using a supported encoder an easy job and transcoders can't compare to encoders for quality. Time is the trade off for quality though. So, I'd put Rebuilder at #1.

In transcoders my preferences are DVDCopy 5, Recode, CloneDVD 2, and Shrink.

Decryption software: RipIt4Me, DVDFab Decrypter, AnyDVD, and DVD Region + CSS Free

My favorite utility for DVD compliance processing is FixVTS. It's sometimes needed when decrypted files aren't completely compliant after decryption and removal of the copy protection.

The reason I prefer a good ripper decryption tool is because I prefer Rebuilder and that works best with files from the HD.

16. cjb3270

cjb3270 Member

Hi everyone. I'm very new to the DVDFab Decrypter and DVD Burning experience. I have decrypted a DVD... now what? I have my NEW main DVD folder with 2 folders inside - AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS. What is the best (and easiest) program to burn these files to a DVD-R? Easier the better for me. thanks for any and all your help!!! Chris

17. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I find Nero Express easy. You'll find people with different favorites. Ease usually comes with familiarity and experience with a program, though some like Xpress and Imgburn have a straight forward interface that's user friendly.

19. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Great Guide BB! Im teaching my monkey how to backup dvds now.

20. MU24

MU24 Member

So I tried bbmayo's solution using DVDFab Decrypter, FixVTS, Shrink, and ImageBurn. This burned movies that look great and are quick to do, but I don't like that I can't have the menu or the special features. I like having the choice on this as I did with DVD Decrypter, does anyone have any other solutions?