1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Alternative ?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jonels, Oct 7, 2004.

1. jonels

jonels Regular member

hi, please can somebody reccomend an alternative for Nero .For some reason Nero hates me and refuses to run on my system, had an old version tied to my old cdrw and that worked fine, i have spent hours and hours searching for a solution and trying multiple things to overcome Nero's hate for me ... i have given up so please can some saint tell me an alternative. All I need it for really is audio cd's and data as i'm happy to use alcohol for everthing else ... can't believe it seems so hard to find anything else decent

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You might give Copy To DVD a shot. I've been using the heck out of it for the last month. It's very stable (hasn't burped on me once) and an absolute pleasure to use :)

3. oxygen

oxygen Guest

Another very good software to copy DVDs is DVD Cloner, however, not free :-( but it is cheap

It is a simplest software I have ever seen, comes with few instructions which you just follow on the screen it is really very neat. Has provision to fit a DVD9 to two DVDs5 or just fit main video only, has nice help etc. You can buy it on the net it is not very big.

http://www.dvd--copy.net/download.html

Cheers

Cheers

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Read this!!:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/92001

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 3.06GHz HT
    1.5 GB Rambus PC 1066, 700GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony 1612, Plextor Premium
    XP Pro SP2, ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  5. Nephilim

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  6. oxygen

oxygen Guest

Thank You moderator,

Well it is too late for me, I'm not angry I've spend my money it is my lesson to do homework, I'm annoyed that a thief was payed and not the real hard working author;

This discussion group is exccellent but is so huge that it is not possible to read all; Is there a 'red list' of software thiefs ? :)) if not maybe we shoud have one to protect ourselves and authors.

Cheers

7. Nephilim

8. jonels

jonels Regular member

thanks for the replies , i have found a program called "Cheetah CD burner" and it works fine for my audio cd's and is very simple to use.