1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero DVD burning problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Irka_T, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Irka_T

Irka_T Member

I've a problem and I have no idea what I should do. Two days ago I recorded a DVD disk, but now when I try to burn new files it doesn't allow me doing it. When I add the new files it doesn't even show that there are previous files, already burned. I'm sure that the first time I didn't finalize. Please if someone know what it is all about to tell me, plz, plz.

2. bahgee

bahgee Guest

What version of nero? What OS? what error messages if any? Copied what kind of dvd? Movie dvd, personal, or data etc. Be as specific as you can so others can help you. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  3. Irka_T

Irka_T Member

It's Nero 6, and I burn the disk as data and when I try to burn the disk even it doesn't show that there is something else on the disk, already recorded, it show a message that the format of the disk isn't right(DVD is wanted, but it's DVD-ROM), but this wasn't a problem the first time.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  4. bahgee

bahgee Guest

So i take it you tried to back up a movie dvd? When you open up My computer and open up the dvd what do you see? What happens? Do you see any files? Were you using any special software to copy the dvd beside nero. What were you originally trying to do? Were you trying to copy a movie dvd to another blank dvd? When you open nero is the correct drive for the dvd burner selected? Also are you selecting dvd files or data? Sounds to me like you need to select dvd files. Is the original dvd copyrighted? As far as the version of nero, go to about nero and find the version. For instance vers 6.0.1.4. Thats just an example. Im thinking you need to copy them as dvd files and not simply data. By the way is this your first attempt and copying a dvd???? If it is, dont be discouraged. May i recommend reading this: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/183136 and related links. The people in this forum are very helpful. It helps them when they know nero version numbers, software, and the dvd movie you are copying. Perhaps you need to learn the basics. This will probably answer of your own questions. Im not trying to be condascending but there are some basic fundamentals needed to copy dvds (movies), software needed and proper configuration with Nero and various versions. If you have any more questions I will be happy to help you. So for now read dvd+r for newbies and some more info on software and nero. Be sure to get your version number and copy and paste any errors. Like i said, i think your trying to copy data and not dvd files or not using a valid ripper like ripit4m or anydvd to extract the dvd files.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/79846

Also be sure you have the right dvd+r media. What kind
    What kind of burner is it? brand plus serial number for firmware reasons.
    Anything newbie - read it- you will no doubt get the basics and be on your way. Good luck
    List as many facts as you can. For now.
    1. What movie are you backing up?
    2. Are you using any ripping software such as ripit4me or anydvd/? You cant just copy the files of a dvd movie (copyrighted) and make a dvd out of it. You need special free or purchased software.
    3. Find your nero version and list that.
    4. What kind of burner do you have?
    5. Are you on Windows XP?
    Sorry for the length

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  5. Irka_T

Irka_T Member

Well, the files I'm trying to burn are data, not DVD, and when I open my DVD-ROM the files I've already burned are there and play with no problem. My Nero version is 6.0.0.9 , I'm using Windows XP - Professional and my DVD recorder is LG GSA-H10 DVD RW/12x. I hope it's enough information, because I don't know anything else. Thanks for trying to help me.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  6. killalot

killalot Active member

So are you trying to do a multi session data DVD? open Nero burning rom along the top select disk info see what it says haven’t done a multi session DVD for a wile but when you select disk info I think there is an option to close the session then you can ad another session to it

7. killalot

killalot Active member

8. ramli7

ramli7 Guest

Hi Irka,

When you open the Nerostartsmart and select the Make data DVD, by default Nero Burning Rom window will open.You SHOULD have inserted the previously burnt multisession DVD into the Recorder BY THIS TIME or earlier.

From the tool menu (always use) select Nero express, and from that window select the Data DVD option.

For a while, if the DVD in the drive, is already written in multisession mode, contents of the media will be read and shown in the list(grayed).

If you insert the DVD after opening Nero Express, existing files will not be shown and all sorts of mess up.

Hope, for the first recording, you might have selected the "Allow files to be added later" before clicking "Burn". For subsequent writings it will be slected automatically.

Good luck.

9. Irka_T

Irka_T Member

Thank you guys soooo much, it worked, I'm so happy , thank you very very much.