1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

personally ive not had trouble flashing or downloading firmware with my vista lappy so give it a go before you knock it and who knows you might learn a little bit more about your comp too!

2. che27

che27 Member

Hi lads
    Im looking for some help.I have a eurovox tx working the last year.The other night i moved it upstairs and when i switched it on Boot,then 02 came on the lcd.The box then switched itself off.
    Ive tried the Chld fix,load the bin file twice then flash with 23/11 firmware.
    It seems to download ok,but all i get is UADL,Then when download complete,i get Dcop,fl-r,fl-e
    At the end Boot/02 comes up but then box switches off again.
    Any ideas lads?Your help wud be apreciated

3. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

4. che27

che27 Member

Ive been tlking to Scouser,unfortunatly he cudnt help.But he did try,i.e chld fix.
    Tanx man

5. che27

che27 Member

The link you sent me is what he told me to try.
    Didnt work,
    Tanx anywayman

6. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

Anyone got frequency for s*y spo**ts 2 in kildare on cho**s mmds, my brother phoned as he can't get match, he has all the other sports channels no probs. Or is their anyone else having problems with this channel.

EDIT: sorted, he found it on frequency 266.000, in case anyone else is stuck.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  7. daveyb

daveyb Member

hi all,

my mate has the euro tx the last year he has had no problems(living in navan) with it untill ch***r called out and put a new recevier onto his aerial and a new box in the sitting room.
    he tried to rescan it with antenna pwr on with no luck the emu key is allways on by default. so were really out of idea,s any sugestions welcomed.

davey

8. elbruzo

elbruzo Member

Howdy folks

Im very much a noob when it comes to this Eurovox stuff so iv a few questions if any1 can help.
    I live in Navan and im with Cho**s. I have a mesh aerial on my roof and iv a sagem box so im presuming I have mmds. I bought a Eurovox TX and I tried to scan for channels but I couldnt find anything.
    I was just wondering if
    1. Do I need any other equipment other than the Eurovox TX (ie. A DC power converter of a down converter)

2. Do I need to change any setting before I do a scan so I can receive the channels

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated as im completly stumped!Thanks

9. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

ya it appears you on mmds. you seem to have everything what is needed. maybe the box needs to be flashed.

10. che27

che27 Member

Hi go to system information,check and c if you have tx 23 11 07 firmware.If you dont,you'll have to reflash.If you do have 23 11 07 then do a factory reset first,then rescan.

11. yellow32

yellow32 Member

Hi guys,
    I'm based in Clare on Ch***s. I have Eurovox TX up and running perfectly. Has anyone here unsubscribed from Ch***S and still managed to received a signal?? Is the MMDS aerial removed once you unsubscribe?

My second question is on the same issue, if the aerial is removed is it possible to buy a standard MMDS aerial on the internet to replace the removed aerial?

Thanks for the help

12. juc

juc Regular member

hi guys i just bought the new eurovox ex5000 pvr, i live in drogheda and have chor*s, i've just been reading through this forum and am thinking maybe i've got a box that won't work here. how do i know if my cable is mmds analogue or digital?

13. bogeyman8

bogeyman8 Member

attn: yellow 32,if you cancel your c****s subscription,they will take your ariel,power supply and downconverter and also the c****s box.

you can order an integrated ariel with downconverter and power supply for 61 euro ex p&p from bubblecableboxes.com and this will get the signal for you.

14. slugbait

slugbait Member

@ sc0user and mgb17.

Guys, maybe you could help clear up a few things for me? If N*L MMDS uses DVB-C and Ch*rus MMDS uses DVB-T (as has been mentioned in this thread), does that mean a box such as the Eurovox TX, purpose built for MMDS, will only work on Ch*rus? And that the likes of the(DVB-C) MaxV and PVR5000 will work on both pure N*L cable and N*L MMDS?

I bought a PVR5000 for a mate, set it up in my place(pure cable N*L) and it was fine. Brought it to his apartment in Ridgewood, Swords (which already has N*L's basic TV and broadband service) and it just says "No or bad signal". Tried rescanning for TPs but no joy.

Any advice/help much appreciated.

15. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If your mate get broadband from UPC in Swords its exCh*rus true cable and not exN*l anything.

16. slugbait

slugbait Member

So MMDS doesn't come into it and a DVB-C box like the MaxV or PVR5000 should work?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  17. karljd

karljd Regular member

you will need to scan on 6.875 symbol rate

18. slugbait

slugbait Member

Great. Thanks to you both.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  19. mark_eire

mark_eire Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if a new model will be released next year to replace the EVTX? i can't get my hands on one and have been told by a few people that they have discontinued production? The digivox seems to be the only TX receiver you can get at the mo does anyone have one of these and if so are they any use? any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!!

20. harpojj

harpojj Member

Anyone having problems today with their Tx? All channels still scanned and can be rescanned but only RTE 1, UKTV Style, EWTN, South and the Info channels are showing a picture. I've been told it's like this all day. If you are on anyother channel it states that Data being updated and 0%.
    Is this what comes up when it needs to do a key roll?
    I've had this before and turnred box of for a minute and then it updated and all was fine. This time if tried it in standby and with the power switch off for 5 mins and still no joy.
    I'm in Meath area.