1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Question--Converting AVCHD to Mov on Macbook

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by pmpvid, Jan 24, 2008.

1. pmpvid

pmpvid Member

Hello everybody. I searched the forum and either missed or didn't see a post for this. I have a Sony HDD camera and was currently using it and downloading onto a PC. Well, with our new website, we are using Macbooks for editing with Final Cut and are trying to find a way to convert from AVCHD/m2ts format to mov for Quicktime. What would be the easiest way to do this? We still have ability to download them into a PC, but after converting the file size for a 10 minute video is avg'ing 200mb, and it takes too long to buffer. Want to try to stay at 640x480 or a size larger if possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to converting vids, so no problem explaining it to me like I'm a 3 yr old. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. cheezoli

cheezoli Member

I haven't used this file type before so I'm pulling at straws here. You could try opening it with MPEG Streamclip then exporting it to the size and format you want.