1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie would appreciate some information.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by natejb, Nov 26, 2004.

1. natejb

natejb Guest

Hi, I don't even own a DVD burner but I would like to know some things before I purchase one:

1. Can I rip a RENTED DVD to my hardrive and then burn it to a blank DVD? (if so, does anyone hear know how)

2. What software should I use for ripping and burning DVDs.

3. How long does ripping and burning take.

4. What is the best DVD burner out there.

If someone could answer any or all of these questions I'd really appreciate it. (If anyone feels uncomfortable talking about burning RENTED DVD's feel free to refer to them as "PURCHASED" in quotations.

2. Persy

Persy Regular member

rented dvd's are illegal to burn you aren;t allowed to talk about that on this forum.....read the rules....however for the dvd's that u own u are allowed to back up those.....use dvd shrink or dvd decrypter....i like dvd shrink....there are guides on this site on how to use both of them....they both r really easy....it takes about 3 clicks lol...um...it takes me about 30min to backup a dvd.....doesn't really matter what dvd burner u get....get the cheapest lol...if possible get one that can copy +/-/ram....but it doesn't really matter as long as it works on ur dvd player....."-" usually works on all players

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Wow, that's pretty "slick". Is your lawyer going to use that post as your defence ?

Thanks for the "chuckle" -

Pete

Look here for a guide -
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  4. natejb

natejb Guest

There's no fooling you guys, I just wanted to know if rented DVD's are any different than the one's you buy..yeah that's right. Anyway I wont talk about pirating on this forum again. Thank you for your replies on my other questions

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

A DVD is a DVD is a DVD -

6. Persy

Persy Regular member

very true scuba pete lol