1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob to burning

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by zimmers21, Sep 6, 2006.

1. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

Hey everyone I am frusterated to my witts end!!! I consider myself pretty computer savy but this takes the cake. I am trying burn Madden 07 for xbox and can't get it to work at all. I have Nero burning software and everytime I try to burn it says communication failure. It is archived in a winar format and have extracted the files. I don't know what to do basically after the download. I have also downloaded any dvd software and dameon tools and nothing is changing. When I double click on the madde. winar after the extraction it says the file is unreadable or corrupted I know its not just doing something wrong. I need a step by step walkthrough because I am so pissy right now! Thannks

2. theridges

theridges Guest

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

zimmers21,
    If you downloaded the winrar file in a torrent, you will find that one of the files is corrupt. Watch which rar file is corrupt and download that piece agin, if that still does not work try a different torrent site for the same file. It is just a case of that piece is bad.

M

4. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

The strange thing is that I can not even open the folder at all. I had no mistakes in my log and downloaded it from two different sites already and yes I did pay for it. :)

5. theridges

theridges Guest

look if you would have looked at my tutorial, you would see that the game is an Xiso and thats what you burn....you are extracting the ready to burn iso go download IMGBurn and burn it to DVD-R at 4X Speed....i gave u a tutorial look at it jesus.......

6. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

No need to get snippy. I did look att your tutorial. when I try to open the folder it says it is a unknown format or the file is damaged. Everytime I have downloaded it it has said this. I extract the files and it takes it from 2.8mb to 2.2mb and then when I try to open the folder thats what it says. I am double clicking on the winar file after extracting and it says it is archived.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

you didnt follow the tutorial then.....because there should be a bunch of .rar files like in the tutorial right click the first .rar file and click extract to Madden 07 or whatever the name of the game is.....then burn the iso that is extracted(NOTE-YOU CANT OPEN THIS ISO BECAUSE IT IS AN XBOX ISO OR XISO FOR SHORT,THATS WHY IT IS SAYING UNKOWN FORMAT THATS THE ISO YOU BURN)...thats it...

8. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

Heres the screen I get when I download the game...

9. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

Sorry didn't work

10. theridges

theridges Guest

sorry but i dont know whats up,i dont know what else to do...

11. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

Yeah I have tried using everything and after the extract it comes up with the error message as I said before when I try to open the files. Could it be because I only have the trial versions of Winar or winzip??? As mentioned by another poster it could be a corrupt file how would I check that during download and is there another way to check it besides downloading it again?

12. theridges

theridges Guest

what file is corrupt exactly? is it when u try to extract from the group of .rar files.. or the RAR file that gets extracted that is giving u there error message....

and the only ay to fix a corrupted rar file is to re-download u cant check during download i usually read the comments on the torrent site to make sure everything is working right....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2006
  13. Molder

Molder Regular member

I told you what the problem was last week, just download the corrupt file, no need to download the entire torrent again.

M

14. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

Yeah Molder how do I figure out what the corrupt file is? I have downloaded it from two different sites and they both had 100% success but mine is screwed.

15. theridges

theridges Guest

zimmers please help me out a little i thnk you r confused.....when you right click the first .rar file in the large group of .rar files group do you get a file is corrupt message then???
    at this point??

2. Now right click on the first .rar folder and then click extract to(whatever the folder is called)
    [​IMG]

Or at this point

4.Now go into the extracted folder and drag the ready to burn image onto the Desktop
    *NOTE-IF YOU TRY TO OPEN THIS .RAR FOLDER IT WILL NOT LET YOU BECAUSE IT IS AN XISO*
    [​IMG]
    That is the ISO you burn above you do not extract that file you, it will not even let you open it because it is an Xiso...Burn that .RAR file with IMGBurn

this is taken diretly from my tutorial

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  16. Molder

Molder Regular member

theridges,
    I agree with what you are saying and that should work for him.

But in saying that I have had the same problem that he "seems" to be having (the way he is describing).

Zimmers, Watch closely when winrar is extracting the file/s it will stop and you will have to see what number archive it stops on and work out which rar file that archive belongs to, I swear it aint hard.

Then try a differnt torrent and deselect all and only select the single rar file you need.

I know you said that you downloaded the torrent twice from different places but it may be the same files.

I will have a look and see if I can see where you are getting it from and see if it is reported as suss.

M

17. theridges

theridges Guest

i think he is getting cunfused and trying to extract the game itself with Winrar and that not going to work......if you have a bad .rar file in the pack like you said and most of us know the window pops up tellling us which # .rar folder is bad and we just go download that certain one...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2006
  18. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

ridges the first screen I have never seen when I have downloaded. All I have ever seen is that second screen. When I try to burn that icon that I see on the second screen I get communication error from the burning software. I have downloaded the program you suggested and I have Nero.

19. theridges

theridges Guest

burn it with imgburn not nero...

20. zimmers21

zimmers21 Member

When I try to burn with IMG I get the following errors

Miscompare at LBA:279, offset:0

Device:0x27
    image file:0x74
    Total errors in sector 2074

Thats in the veryfing part

The next is what I get eveytime without trying to verify it first

I/O Error
    Device[1:0:0]Pioneer DVD-RW DVD-11D1.19(E):(ATA)
    Scsistatus:0x02
    Interpertation:check condition

CDB: 28 00 00 00 01 19 00 00 01 00
    Interpertation: Read (10)-Sector:281

Sense Area: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Interpertation: Logial Unit Communication CRC Error (Ultra-DMA/32)