1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not enough space with toast

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Danielito, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Danielito

Danielito Member

Heres the thing, i have ripped some dvds to divx and currently have the 700-900 MB files on my hard drive. Ive wanted to burn these on DVDs for the longest time. I have toast titanium but when i add these files to the DVD burning toast tells me i dont have enough space. Is there any (FREE) way to shrink and burn these files to make a playable DVD?

2. Danielito

Danielito Member

Thanks for everyones help!

3. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

Im having the same problem, did anybody solve yours or was your "thanks for everyones help" a sarcastic one?

4. Danielito

Danielito Member

Yes it was sarcastic

i did however figured it out...
    I downloaded ffmpegX. I then converted the divx avis to a format thats fittable. Its actually a very convenient software. There are quick presets at the bottom. You select quick DVD (which converts to mpeg2) and then you enter the minute length of the movie and tell it to make it fit on 1 standard DVD. (Its really quite straight forward once you look at it) Then it creates a folder wherever you ask it to. Then just add the Video_TS folder to toast and Presto! If you have any questions im willing to help. Juust email me.

5. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

That sounds a lot easier than I thought, I will try this out. Thanks for sharing the solution, much appreciated.

6. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

Im trying the ffmpeg as you suggest, its currently encoding, do i then use the video_TS to toast as a DVD rom? Will it still have the sound etc? Is all the file in the video_TS file?

7. Danielito

Danielito Member

Yes actually it will have the sound in the Video_TS folder. Its going to create a folder with name you gave the file, simply open that folder and drag Video_Ts into toast and burn. Its actually really good quality. The default menu is crappy looking but i found out how to modify it. Let me know if youd like to do that as well.

8. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

Do you burn it as a "DVD Video from Video_TS" in toast? Once again thanks for the help so far, I am feeling huge progress, I can see the pieces of the jigsaw coming together.

9. Danielito

Danielito Member

Yep! Thats exactly what you do. No problem, glad to help.

10. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

I managed to burn one of my movies however the sound cuts out after a couple of seconds, I noticed that there is an "autosize" selector on ffmpegx, I had it set to half DVD, do you think this was the problem, possibly over shrinking the file, I am re-encoding my movie on the DVD setting to see what happens,or do you think my media is the problem as I am using unbranded DVD-R.

11. Danielito

Danielito Member

hmmm, i dont think the media would be the problem. Try fixing that half DVD setting. Or better yet, just use th fastDVD preset, i think that should be fine.

12. mcdkev

mcdkev Guest

Hey there buddy, sorry to bother you again, I am still getting the sound problem, I have tried a couple of movies with different media and still the same. I do not seem to have the "fast DVD" option you tell me about, is it called something different, I have KDVD and quite a few other different presets, not sure if Im making some rookie mistake! Please help.