1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Spanglish Thread

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jerry746, Apr 5, 2005.

1. troie18

troie18 Member

props for jerry =) good job man, you're post is very helpful.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Fastman,
    DVD43 is the freeware which functions similar to AnyDVD. AnyDVD is a superior product. It should be, it's retail. I'm familiar with both and own AnyDVD. DVDCloner is a transcoder, and I doubt it being better than CloneDVD2. In fact there was a thread here on AD about DVDCloner being a ripoff of DVD Shrink. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/92001

Cyclic Redundancy can be caused by bad sector encryption if the DVD isn't decrypted properly. That's what the updated AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter are there for. DVD43 was finally updated to handle some of the newer encryption. It was updated so much later than the other apps that I never got around to giving it another try. Encryption, bad press of original, damaged or smudged source, equipment problems... Anything that can cause a read problem where the PC keeps cycling to try to read (Cyclic Redundancy) can cause the error. Most often the problem is with the source, either a bad press or damage of some sort. Most people have updated rippers now that handle the bad sector encryption. Then of course, there are always a few stragglers.

Thanks for the additional input. Goes to show DVD43 with DVDCloner will back up Spanglish. Goes to show there is no weird encryption on the DVD. More data to support Jerry's assertion there doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.

3. mle56

mle56 Member

The issue with some DVD players working with certain discs is interesting. I bought the best Sony on the market 3 yr ago and it was programmed to play only original store-bought discs. Copies would not work. C 13 00 always comes up on the lcd screen when you put a copy in. However, copies of dvd's from some apps work and others do not!!

Any ideas??
    mle56

4. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Dvd players playing backed up disks is something I have researched a lot over the last few months. Sense getting into backing up my own personal collection so my kids don't destroy them I have run into several issues. The best thing I can suggest is buy a dvd player that is compatible with playing dvd-r or dvd r or both would be ideal. This insures it has a high degree of compatability. If you don't its going to be hit or miss. I recommend the Philips DVP 642. It is specifically made to play all dvd formats in most instances.

5. jessey

jessey Guest

hey, i alsohave problems with spanglish, suspect 0 and now house of flying daggers. i use any dvd dvd decrypter, shrink and nero to burn. i haven;t had so much trouble in a long time. i was wandering if someone can tell me what the latest versions of any dvd and dvd decrypter are. theere are even some "b" movies that i cant back up. intermedio is one off the top of my head. when i useshrink it says cycle error... but i have access to multiple copies of the movies i try to back up. i have tried using 7 diff copies of house of flying daggers and none of them work....the chances of them all being bad discs is too small...help

6. brobear

brobear Guest

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Player/media compatibility---keep this in mind guys. Purchased original dvd movies are pressed from a master disc not burned as copies are. The player manufacturers are mainly concerned with their machines playing the originals. They throw in the fact that they can play burned discs also in some cases but the main goal is to play the pressed disc well. Even though your player states it may play both formats of burned discs it may get picky about what brands it likes to play. This dvd backup process is a trial and error with both the burning process and playback issue. It takes some effort to find a good combination thats works well across several players if thats what you are trying to do.
    Finding blank media thats works with your burner is the same thing. Thats why most media dealers sell sample packs of 4 or 5 different brands so you can test them before you buy hundreds of blanks that don't work right.

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  8. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Speaking of House of Flying Daggers, get ready for a million threads concerning the same problem. Will they ever learn?

9. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

Ok after fooling around with the Movie Spanglish... I've discovered it can be backed up two ways (at least in my case) AnyDvd and Dvd Shrink

or

DVD43 running in the background while running DVD Decrypter to file and then using DVD SHRINK...

If you trying using DVD43 just with Shrink it stops at 37% everytime... but after using DVD43 in the background and Dvd Decrypter DVD Shrink was able to Analyze the Files no Problem...

10. jessey

jessey Guest

hey, i just wanted to say that i updated my dvd decrypter and i was able to burn a perfect copy of house of flying daggers. i used dvd decrypter,dvd shrink then nero to burn. thank you:)

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

lol - there's progress (re House of Daggers i mean) - nice one !

12. dvstore

dvstore Guest

Downloaded the latest version of decrypter 3.5.4.0 and the archieving went smooth as silk.

13. mle56

mle56 Member

Brobear,
    I downloaded dvdinfopro. How do you use it to check a dvd for errors. I was a little confused when I looked at the screen. There is a lot of things there. Anything else that you can do with it? Thanks

mle56

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@mle56 - click on the dvdinfo screenshot half way down on the left at http://www.dvdinfopro.com, then enlarge the pic. The one you want is the 6th icon from the left (it looks like a magnifier)

hope that helps

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  15. fastman

fastman Member

Brobear:
    Thanks for the comments, my main intent was to communicate that there is nothing new in encryption out there and that the common solutions to some of these "Columbia picture" DVD's was utilizing DVD43( free ware) + the use of your copy software of choice.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Fastman

16. Lennme

Lennme Member

Just wanted to add my two-cents-worth - Two buddies were having trouble backing up brand new disks of Spanglish. I backed mine up easily with Dcrypter and Shrink. They were using the same software but not the most recent updates. With the updated versions this movie is very easy to back up.

17. jessey

jessey Guest

I was unable to back up house of flying daggers but then I downloaded the newest version of dvd decrypter. It worked so I went back and I was able to back up Spanglish with no problems. Such a simple solution.

18. tginmilw

tginmilw Member

I was able to make a sucessful backup (I made both a full dvd backup & a movie only) and didn't have to use DVD Decrypter either.
    I had to have both DVD43 (http://www.dvd43.com/) AND SlySoft AnyDVD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html)running in the background. After that, I could backup Spanglish no problem. Good luck.

19. nrnoble

nrnoble Member

I also had problems backing up with Spanglish using DVD decrypter (latest version). I placed the original DVD into a different DVD drive and it backup without error.

The only difference I could see was the DVD drive was significantly slower (2x). So I am wondering if slower drives might be less prone to read errors of DVD defects, intentional defects for copy protection, or defects bececause of manufacturing. Just guessing because my slower DVD drive has less problems backing up the DVD movies well known to be hard to back up for one reason or another.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  20. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

if you're having a problem ripping this movie the easiest thing I suggerst is dvd43 (FREE) running while using DVD Decrypter (FREE) and then use DVD SHRINK (FREE)