1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok now this gets on my nerves!!

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Dela, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok Hi again guys, I'm a bit pi...d off now because for the last few days I have been looking at me emailo account to see over 100 thread has been updated emails. I'm so annoyed to say that about 60% of it is unneeded posting! It has come to my attention and the attention of a few other biug users that some users are posting over and over again on the thread in a row. For example, they are posting a message, two minutes later another one saying something different and 2 minutes later etc etc.... If you would just use Edit Message, then you wouldnt have the email accounts of other users on the thread flooded! I have 1 example here with UK_NEWZ and now mate u know we get on great and I'm not attacking you or dissin u or anything but you have caused most of it over the past few days, maybe you forgot that for every single message you post anyone else on the thread gets a thread has been updated email. I could have had 1 instead of 5 in the following thread...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/37132

Now I dunno what ye are up to those of you who are doing it, maybe you want higher status or to simply get to the top of the forum charts which doesnt bother me but 100 thread has been updated emails every time i wake up does bother me a lot! Its discouraging and I think there's a need for some changes in the forum rules or system!

2. nik99

nik99 Regular member

ya,,thats what was bothering me too.hence the suggestion i made below

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/31992

what i v suggestd -shd solve that prob-considering u dont hav to go thru all mails then..only take the latest one for that subject thread ..and delet the rest ..
    i have since stopped using the feature..but drd has promised he's got onto it..
    i use the searc hbutton and find the posts now,,but guess that wudnt wotk for a wild fire poster like u....
    cheers.
    nik

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yep - it is really bloody annoying isnt it. If people would just use the edit function!

Good Damn it - just letting of some steam ;-)

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye well some people just dont learn! They wouldnt like it 1 bit if i flooded them with PM'S so that they would get PM notifications over and over again!