1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

operation: inner space - alternative download site

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by kvn8907, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

I originally posted on the thread "operation: inner space - Good news!". However, some stupid jerk closed the thread.

Now, the link I gave doesn't work anymore, and there's nothing I can do about it (besides make a new one) because the thread is closed.

I originally uploaded the files to http://www.fileul.com/, but now that website's not working, and it's been down long enough that it's obvious that it's down for good. Does anyone know any other good free upload sites where I could upload the files to the full version of the game "Operation: Inner Space"?

Also, if you're a moderator, don't close people's topics without the consent of the thread creator. Or, at the very least, don't close a topic without giving a reason for why you're closing it.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you do know it's illegal to distribute copyrighted content, right? that's probably why your other thread got closed. aD does not condone or affiliate with piracy.

3. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

And why do you have a link to "it's"?

(A bit of a red herring, I know.)

Though back to the real topic, Operation: Inner Space is more or less abandonware. It can no longer be ordered from the website, even though it appears to be able to. I've gotten e-mails from people who tried, so now this is the only way to get the game.

And even if that was true, it would've been nice if the moderators had said that rather than just closing it. -.-

Edit: Also, whoever closed the thread didn't bother to remove the link to the upload site, making that explanation even less plausable.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

It's 'the stupid jerk' here and i see you're still going on about this 2 years later, ever thought of buying a different game ?.

As to why one of your previous threads was closed, you know exactly why, here's the clue you keep deliberately forgetting - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/668678/4076544

And there's yet another thread on this blessed game here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/343268
    You really need to keep track of your threads, plus moderators don't need your permission to close threads.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  5. weapon93

weapon93 Member

Dude, it's impossible to buy the game anymore. I've paid for the game and recieved no new game, nor any replies to my e-mails, so havn't my friends.

I don't see it as stealing when it's impossible to buy the game outright. Plus, It's 15 freaking years old!

Just let him post the link man, no one can find the full game anywhere, including the official site that's been abandoned for years.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

creaky, you are getting mellow in your old age as i would ban the idiot & not give a 2nd thought about it.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

I love the way he tries the accusing tone about failing to remove a broken link.. That's so painful it's funny ;)

To OP.. did it never dawn on you to back up your files to a cd? warez filesharing sites never ever last.. all good pirates know that XD

8. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

read rule #5 in creaky's sig. how hard is it to follow that?

if you can't find the game, then TOUGH! the files are owned by the company who created the game. unless they state it's freeware, it's ILLEGAL to share full versions.

9. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

*removed*

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.