1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

operation: inner space - Good news!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by kvn8907, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

I posted on this forum about a year and a half ago, at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/343268 but wasn't able to reply to it because of the 60-day rule for low-count posters. So, I decided to just say what I was going to say here instead.

Anyway, I was corresponding with someone through Yahoo! Mail, and just recently got a full version of the 1994 game "Operation: Inner Space". It's a completely full version that doesn't have any "No CD" errors or anything.

I know that the game's almost 15 years old, there still is a relatively high demand for it, often from people unable to purchase it themselves. So, if anyone really wants the game, just reply here and I'll e-mail you a copy.

Edit: Due to popular demand (it seems I wasn't the only one who loved the game), I've been getting many more requests than I thought I would. So, I'm just uploading the file and e-mail, so people can download it at their leisure:

http://www.FileUL.com/view.php?file=UbiTIk

Private Message me if you have any trouble, or if you want any of the Add-Ons (no one's asked for Add-Ons yet). I have Military & Nations of World Ship Sets and The Works.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. thefarmer

thefarmer Member

hey, i just stumbled upon this thread and wow, its been a while since i last played this game, and i've never had the full version. it'd be much appreciated if u could send me a copy
    please send to ***email removed***

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  3. glenlata

glenlata Member

you just saved a life my friend, i was just about to give up hope and end it all when something told me to do another search and i ran across this jewel. Email address is ***email removed***i will be looking forward to this and thanks abunch

4. crazygumb

crazygumb Guest

Woww, finally someone has found this. I would be very grateful you could send it to me pleasee. ***email removed***

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  5. ToxFlame

ToxFlame Guest

O_O

I've been looking for this game for AGES... but could never find it. Please send it to me, thanks! Very very much appreciated! My E-mail is ***email removed***

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  6. SSpectre

SSpectre Member

Can I ask for game too? I have it, but... "not CD", you know. :) ***email removed***.

Thank you!

7. broadwing

broadwing Member

Oh yeah: This one is the last I need: I hope it's not too late...

I would gladly take a copy at ***email removed***
    thank you very much.

best regards.

mike.

P.S: if there are some ways I can return the favour... If you need old games like starfire, star hammer, or the star crusader mission disk, ask away!

8. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

You've got Star Hammer? I loved the game, though I played the shareware version. I forwarded the Inner Space full version, so make sure you get that (if it's not in your inbox, check the bulk folder). Then, if you have the full version of Star Hammer, please send it to me.

9. broadwing

broadwing Member

Right, got inner space (thanks a dozen).

If you want star hammer, go to the home of the underdogs forum: I started several threads on star hammer there, ask alexz721 for star hammer: I gave it to him when I preserved it and he'll give it to you (tell him starlord sent you).

Also check out several other games I preserved:

starfire (the prequel to star hammer)
    fire wind
    the xerix series

thanks again.

10. SSpectre

SSpectre Member

Internet is actually veery tiny space. :)

1. Actually, I don't hope, that I can receive Inner Space here. But as broadwing receive it... kvn8907, can I repeat my request and ask you for Inner Space again? ***email removed***. If you need something another - only ask. :) I haven't much rare things (as I think :)), but I have many different ones - there is could be something valuable for you.

2. If not... broadwing, you owe me a favor, do you? ;)

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

No email addresses allowed....keep the requests in PM's.

12. SSpectre

SSpectre Member

Erm... I thinked, it is only suggestion, not rule. I don't care much about this address, because it is public and heavy anti-spamed. :) But as you say so... Ok, I am sorry, I'll PM then. :)

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

It's not a suggestion, it's a rule.

14. SSpectre

SSpectre Member

Got it. broadwing, thank you very much! :)

15. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

Why can't you just give it to me? I had to apply for registration to the Underdogs forum, and I'm still waiting for confirmation. And even if I do get confirmation, I have to ask someone else for the game.

This is getting to be quite a hassle for a simple game.

16. broadwing

broadwing Member

Heh, I'm sorry but I don't have it anymore: I'll ask alex if you wish (I'll get you starfire too).

17. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

That would be nice. Besides, I can't get on to the Underdogs forum until a moderator accepts my registration, and so far I haven't heard anything about that. It's certainly odd to find a forum like that where registration takes more than 10 minutes.

Anyway, tell me when you get Star Hammer, and Star Fire if you can.

18. broadwing

broadwing Member

Don't be to hard on the underdogs: They are maintaining their forums and site despite the fact that sarinee is away: Not an easy task, far from it! And I can assure you I'm more than greatful for it: If underdogs closed up, where would we be??? It would be a huge blow to games preservation efforts in general, as their data bank is one of the most complete we can have.

I have another bit of news: I have contacted alex and given him your address: He will forward starfire and star hammer to you: Consider yourself liberated from your search. Those games have been given to me on request by paul turbett (the creator) with permission to distribute the full versions, so go on and have fun (and spread them as much as you can).

best regards.

19. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

Oh that's what Starfire was! The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember exactly what the game was. Now I remember, and remember how much fun I had playing the game. Actually, when I first played the games, I never even thought Starfire and Star Hammer were related. They both came on this "2000 Games" CD which was a collection of shareware, but I played them separately and at different times, and didn't notice the similarities. It was a real bummer when their shareware trial missions ran out, and as a kid of about 8 or so, I had no chance in heck of ever registering them at the time.

Both games work perfectly on my computer, thankfully. Thanks a lot! It's really fun to play the full versions of games I only knew of as shareware (just as with Inner Space ;-).

20. broadwing

broadwing Member

And I can assure you they weren't easy to preserve: It's lucky that paul turbett made some noise at belevolent online (SLS doesn't exist anymore), and that he still had the games.

Anyhow, enjoy! Those are preserved now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.