1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSEx bombing

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by brainwerk, Sep 21, 2003.

1. brainwerk

brainwerk Member

Anyone know why this happens on only certain DVDS? It has been hapening to me a lot lately...

2. tommes

tommes Member

... i've got the same problems... somtimesyou get good results somtimes osex is bombing... get dvd2one...unfortunatly it's not free... but it must be cool!

tommes

3. brainwerk

brainwerk Member

I have DVD2One and it is awesome. Unfortunately, you still need OSEx to extract the info off of DVDs. I am a member of Netflix and my last 4 movies bombed OSEx. Before this, it only bombed 2 or 3 times all summer. I hope something is not up with the movies studios where they can put something on the DVD to nuke OSEx...

4. drew888

drew888 Member

use DVDbackup, you can get it from www.versiontracker.com

5. drew888

drew888 Member

they made it so it only works on some dvds, they have created a newer version witch i tihkn can do all dvds....hopefullly

6. sprite

sprite Guest

Hi

I've no idea if this will work for everyone, but I'm using a Pioneer 105 DVDR which I have flashed to Region-Free.

When using this software, I used to just try and decrypt the DVD and got loads of Thread errors etc, also had problems with DVD Backup too.

I tried opening up the Apple DVD Player first and if it states wrong region etc, just change it the right region. Dont actually play the movie, leave DVD Player open and then open OSEx and start decrypting with DVD Folders and it seems fine after that.

Never had any problems since! Just open Apple's DVD Player first and ensure the region is set.