1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIXELATION PROBLEMS USING MAC THE RIPPER

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by artgutser, Dec 8, 2004.

1. artgutser

artgutser Member

Hi guys, im new at this ripping DVD´s thing, and after reading quite a bit on the subjet I decided to give a try especially because I have quite a few DVD´s from other regions and I wanted to make multiregion copies of them so i could watch them on my mac (region 1). Well the thing is that I tried ripping my ONGBAK DVD (Thai movie) and after I finishied I watched it using the DVD player, but the problem is that at certain parts of the movie this square pixels come up and then go away and they are really mess up my viewing experience. I tried ripping one of my Region 1 movies and I still get the same problem. PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP TO FIX THIS IM DESPERATE.

2. Londor

Londor Guest

Are you saying that you ripped the DVD to your HD using MTR and when you opened the VIDEO_TS folder with DVDPlayer the movie is pixelated? What MTR version are you using? Did you compress the DVD?

3. artgutser

artgutser Member

Thanks for answering. Yes that is exactly what happened. All this is before any kind of compresion program. By the way im using MCT 2.0.2. PLEASE HELP

4. Londor

Londor Guest

I have never experienced that problem. Only thing I can think of is a problem with the original DVD (dirt, scratches, etc.).
    Are you ripping the whole DVD or just the main feature?

You can also try to rip the DVD using other ripper to see whether the problem persists.

OseX
    YadeX
    DVDBackup

5. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Hard drive: Bad rip, bad original (scratches or fingerprints).

Copied disc: Bad rip, bad original, bad copy, bad media