1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing pc games with out inserting disc evertime

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by discboy, May 21, 2008.

1. discboy

discboy Guest

I need some help but I am unable to locate what exactly I am looking for. How do I install a pc game entirely on the computer without having to reinsert the original disc every time I want to play ? For example on my mothers pc they play "Scrabble" all the time but have to constantly put in manually the disc, At their age (80s) I would like to have the game totally installed so they do not have to manually install the disc every time to play. (I asked one of my cousins cause he plays "Halo" with out ever inserting the disc but will not tell me how its done.) Any help here or redirecting me to another site would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Ed

2. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

what ur looking for is called a crack.
    what u do is download the crack file from gameburnworld or gamecopyworld .com.

these sites call the cracks no cd or dvd fix.
    when u dounload the crack u need to use winrar to open it ( here is a guide that should help)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/248020

now take the file u extracted and paste it into the folder of the game u whant to play

if u pasted it into the right spot windows should ask u if u whant to replace the original file with this new one.
    click yes and ur done know u can play without a disc

it sounds harder then it is if u need help just let me know

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  3. discboy

discboy Guest

Thanks I will try it out and let you know how it went.

4. lonernz

lonernz Member

game jackal by slysoft.you used disc once and creat profile and your away .it has about 10-15 game profile .I use it all the time I have 1942-bfv-bf2-sniper elite and cod 1,2,3,4.you can check it out here
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/gamejackal.html .

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

game jackal cost's money, gameburnworld or gamecopyworld .com does not, GO FIGURE.

6. lonernz

lonernz Member

geestar20.....game jackal cost's money, gameburnworld or gamecopyworld .com does not, GO FIGURE

whats there to figure ,ur stealing someones work becouse ur to cheap to pay.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

How do you figure its stealing? your doing the same thing with game jackal. Am I right?

8. ads

ads Member

alot of no cd cracks are made from the demo which you dont need a cd to use so what they do is mod the exe file and replace it and then it tells the program to not look for a disk.. 1 its not illegal you own the softwere.. the problem is with online games and when the game detects that you did that it goes nope wont let you play online.. i actually hate how i have to change so many disks for games i have over 1000+ pc games and most of the i just no cd crack them because its such a pain to have a ton installed and change the disk every time..

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Having small kids is another reason to use the NoCD fix. They are notorious for destroying disks in record time, scratching them, dropping them, or whatever. I don't consider it "stealing" since we have the disk, if the software companies would allow us to exchange damaged/defective disks then there would be no need to copy them or exploit the software sites for help, would there?

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

@ -ads- and -blivetNC-,

-lonernz- is just being an ASS...we all know what we are doing and know what we are talking about.

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Just reminding the uninformed why we legitimately use no CD cracks. Wait until he has offspring who love the sims.

12. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

just had a skim read. if game jackal has a trial you COULD use it and then use the created image on daemon tools. (i'm assuming it creates a disc image.)

no-cd cracks are great but rarely you still need the disc because the disc isn't fully installed within the setup. for this reason game jackal could be used. i'm not sure if it does make an image on the hard drive. if it doesn't then use alcohol 120 or 5 star game copy (formerly known as gamejack) hope this helps.

bye the way. i thought it was okay to make one backup of the original disc. am i wrong?

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

As far as I know, it is okay to make back ups for your personal use, but some of the newer games won't play from CD-R media, Roller Coaster tycoon 3 is one that I know of. I've picked several No CD patches from Game Copy world which work so the kids can play the sims to their hearts content and not worry about destroying the disk. I think I've bought 4 Candyland games before I bought a CD burner and found CloneCD. Now I just install the game from the disk, put in the patch, and keep the disk stored in my closet until the kids need to reinstall the program.

14. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

yeah i prefer just double clicking the file and begin playing. copy protections make it hard... but i guess you need them...but people keep overcoming them...so dangerous copy protections are made...which can damage hardware so its bad. i just prefer no copy protections.