1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pls help me burn a dvd before I "toast" my mac!!

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by risegard, Oct 12, 2004.

1. risegard

risegard Member

Hey! all problems solved (at least 4 now..) I found out
    the hard way that +r's are not compatible.. strange
    though, specially when are burned by a mac.. and
    some of them are playable by os 9.2.2 but not in X
    10.2.8!!

yet.. i cant figure out the difference from burning a
    data dvd in udf format than burning a video ts folder ?!

thanx guys , i found this forum and it's members very
    helpful :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  2. sidekick1

sidekick1 Guest

Sometimes my internal DVD-Rom in my computer will not accept a DVD its just the formating of the disk. Eample X-Men 2 Disk will not read in my computer. I put the DVD in and take it out several times because it won't read, sometimes it will read the DVD after countless times trying to mount the disk.

I have an external NEC burner in a firewire box. I can read any disk. I have burned DVD-R and DVD+R media in the burner even though it says its a DVD-R burner only.

You have the dual layer DVD burner connected to your Mac right?? Why don't you use that drive to read your DVD+R disks??? It is the same as puting it in your Mac drive..

I use the program --> DVDBackup and have never had any problems backing up DVDs to my HDD. Its a simple clean program..

3. fujitsute

fujitsute Member

I have dvdbackup 1.3 , how do you know what files to delete so you can fit on a single layer dvd

4. sidekick1

sidekick1 Guest

I use DVD2oneX to compress my dvd data to the size of a single layer blank DVD. DVD2oneX is around $65.00. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the speed of your computer to take a 8 gig dvd down to a 4 gig dvd.
    I know DVD2oneX includes the 5.1 digital audio with the shrinking. There are several options with this program, you can select:
    whole movie shrink (including menus)
    Just movie (no menus or extra features)
    A part of a the movie
    Select the languages thats included on the disk
    Select digital 5.1 audio or surround audio
    You can join movies
    Select the output size - which I use, because sometimes the preset is set to 4472 gig and that is sometimes too large for a 4.7 gig blank dvd. It will give me an error in Toast saying there are to many sectors vs the sectors available on a blank dvd. I set the size to 4372 to a smaller size and it has worked every time..

There is an alternative DVDRemaster for $39.00, but I have never used DVDRemaser.

I don't know if DVDRemaster compresses the menus.
    But I know DVD2oneX does..

You can get both from:

http://www.versiontracker.com/

Once you shrink the VIDEO_TS folder down to 4.3 gig then burn your dvd with toast. Settings for toast are:
    [​IMG]