1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POP UPS, WHY? I never read them.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Otherone, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Otherone

Otherone Guest

Must we have POP UPS here?
    Even my anti pop up software does not work unless I use Netscape 7. Are these internet explorer Microsoft pop ups or what? very annoying!!!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

mine works & using ie 5.5

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Mozilla Firefox and all gone :) plus it kicks IE crap

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

the only pop ups is fastmediaclicks.com all you have to do is block it with a firewall program.

5. witchofOZ

witchofOZ Guest

And supposevly pop-ups are supposed to help your patience. (What kind of bull crap is that!?!?)

6. Otherone

Otherone Guest

and [bold] adserver.com [/bold] nice big ones that cover the whole page, firewall dont block them, ie does not block them, only netscape, mozilla of firefox works, in fact the free pop up blockers they have work much better than ie, gozilla (sucks) or any others, and I tried a lot of others and retail versions too.
    Just somehting else that has to be cleaned off the HDD.

But OK, if the pop ups help keep Afterdawn going, I guess I can live with them when using the bug ridden, security flawed, lock-up prone IE.
    If you really want to know how your pop up blocker is working, test it here:
    http://www.popuptest.com/
    and when you go there, the pop up is NOT from pop uptest!

Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2005
  7. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Im currently using IE6 along with Zonealarm Pro and i keep getting these annoying ads. I think i might change to Mozilla Firefox as that seems to cure the problem. One question i have about Firefox is when i tried it a couple of months back, when i visited the aD forum, the page didn't fill the screen (if you can understand what im saying) it reduced the page width and i had to keep clicking on options, increase text size, to fill out the page. Any suggestions...

8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Unless everyone here is willing to help pay the monthly hosting fees for AfterDawn popups are a necessary evil.