1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@greensman

Great burn & scan with that TY! I'm drooling, my drives just didn't like the 8Xs.

@cincyrob & alkohol

Sweet scans with the Maxells. Haven't tried that media yet but like the results!

@aabbccdd

Those scans look like alot of mine with those TY02s. Never did figure out why before I ran out of media. Cleaned the system, defragged and even cleaned the lens, no improvement. My burners (Benq DW1655 & Liteon LH20A1H) just didn't seem to like that media. Got some of the TY03s and they look promising! The pretty colors are almost as sweet as the backdrop! ;P

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Here's some fairly recent scans aabbccdd. I have more but I'm not sure they will help anything. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....gm

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  3. mwinkler

mwinkler Member

I have been reading all your scores and stuff. I am trying to do the "Disk Quality" test, but Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.5.0 does not let me do the test ("start" is gray). Any tips????

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

What drive do you have and does it have the most current f/w?

...gm

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

An FYI - If you have an LG drive, you're fecked, as they're unsupported.

;-)

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

ONLY as Ripper could put it. LOL. He's right about the LG not scanning but they are supposed to be good burners. :)

...gm

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I've got the original super multi drive by LG still kicking out good burns on this PC and works for me. Have a few spare drives lieing around, but this one does the job :p

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@aabbccdd

those are some pretty wild scans ya got there. how do they play? fine i'd say. and your right you do have some good eye candy there..lol

i just got my 16x+r hubprintable tys in..

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Rob , they play fine but the scans crap out at the end of the disc. I'm going to work with the drive more this week and see what i come up with

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

man ya gotta love these verbs.. cant beat these kind of results.

[​IMG]

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

ALL I have to say is: :p:p:p:p:p:p:p (sustained rapsberry at ya) at your new found loves. hehehe. Posted in the docTY thread before I came here. NIce scan buddy. ;)

btw I've been scanning at 8X for a while now and think the results are very similar to 4X scanning and much faster. Give it a try buddy. :)

...gm

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i used to scan at 8x. but the liteons at least my 16x litey wont give the jitter test at 8x so i just dropped down to 4x. if it didnttake so long i would do it at 1x. that is the true test. cause its reading the disc at the same speed as it would when its playing in the player. but like i said it takes a long time at 1x...dont know if i will get one done tonight but im gonna do one on the 16x+r TY's

13. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@greensman

I tried your suggestion on scanning @8X, didn't work for me. I got drasticly different scans. This first scan was shortly after the disk was burnt:

[​IMG]

This 2nd scan was within the half hour of the first but scanned @ 8X:

[​IMG]

I rescanned the disk again @4X to make sure the disk hadn't crapped out on me:

[​IMG]

Very similar to the first scan.

14. mwinkler

mwinkler Member

Greenman: I have no idea what a f/w is. I am new to Nero and all its ins and outs. I am having a heck of a time trying to solve the audio / video out of sync problem that Nero 7 seems to have and thought these scans might help me understand why.

Ripper: Thanks for your honesty. At least, I won't spend hours trying to make the scan work!!!! I am somewhat 'anal' and when faced with a problem, I simply try, try and try again. Alas, the LG burner is what I am stuck with for the time being.

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

OK you guys are gonna make me eat crow but I'm not gonna eat the whole murder. :p

Scanned at 4X!
    [​IMG]

Same everything but scanned at 8X!
    [​IMG]

I didn't think much about the single spike and I've been having this weird spike at the beginning of a few discs anyway. Normally I just restart the scan and all is ok but this disc wouldn't go below 7 after 3 tries so just let her scan. ;)

....gm

btw.... the disc fairy left this for me. :)

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

No problems mwinkler. :) f/w = firmware but it doesn't matter at this point as far as scans go. You have the LG drive and it won't scan. I would check to make sure you had current f/w anyway. It facilitates better burning most of the time. ;)

How is the source you are using with Nero? Is it in sync or possibly out as well? I don't know much about using Nero besides simple applications so you might try the Nero forums here and see what the good people have to say over there. :)

mwinkler try this link and see if it helps any, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
    nero link for audio sync problems

this little search might help too link to search

Hope these help you on your quest for synced output..... :)

...gm

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

greensman,I'm still working with this drive i will let know what i come up with.

I'm pretty sure i got a bad batch of TYs because I'm getting some bad burns. So I'm going to burn a few from a ISO file with my PX-716As and run scans and do the same with the BenQ and see what happens.

Heres my opinion on the value-line TY media guys. When you see it on sale for less than normal(the 300 pack which they don't have often) they have an overstock of it being they probably had some bad runs at TY(thats when i notice more problems with them). when there at a normal sale price i have very few if any that i have problems with. this is the worst batch of TYs I've ever got from SMS. they will be getting a phone call and i will be getting a credit

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Binkie7, aabbccdd and whoever else
    i was just surfin around AD and found this post in the ripit4me thread.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/360110/3151179

this is a very good thing/person to see again.
    i dont know if anyone else has mention'd this or not so thought i would shed some light.

oh yea i still havent burnt anything on my new 16x+r TY's...lol

@greensman

just got some goodies from a friend from texASS..lol tyvm...

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well here it is my first burn on the 16x+r Hub printable TY's
    not what i thought it would be but real good for being the first one in this drvie.

[​IMG]

very low PIF's pleased with that.. pretty good scan for the first one

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

What a nice person to send you such goodies. ;)

Good looking scan there too. I bet in a few burns they will be looking better and better. :) What speed did you burn at buddy? Just a curious George you know. hehehe @ hobbit!!

On your previous post yes it is GOOD to see arniebear back to the land of the crazies. LOL.

....gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.