1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems burning simpsons

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by shmicheal, Sep 8, 2004.

1. shmicheal

shmicheal Member

I want to burn the simpsons but and I am using mac the ripper and dvd2one with mikisofs.
    When dvd2one has done it's thing and I go to burn it, the GB are still 6gb and not shrunk to fit dvd-r.
    Is this because it is a dvd with many sepeerate episodes and how can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

2. shmicheal

shmicheal Member

I have tried buring other dvds and I still have the same problem.
    Why will dvd2one not shrink my dvds to 4.3gb?
    Using mkisofs meant not using toast, at least that is what it says on the dvd2one website.
    What am I doing wrong?
    It also mentions that I should rip in file mode not ifo parsing but where do I check?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

3. kelbelle

kelbelle Guest

Just a thought - I was having the same problem with movies that ran over 2 hours long. I now have my DVD2oneX set at 4350 MB (where the output is- under user defined) and I have not had a problem since.

I tried to burn a much longer program and used a little trial and error to change the output smaller. Try the 4350 MB if it is still too big adjust it smaller. And another plus, I have never noticed a problem with the quality due to a smaller output.

Good Luck!!

4. iFix

iFix Member

Hey.. I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I've been having similar problems. I think, however, the media might be to blame. See.. I came across a couple movies that didn't need to be compressed w/DVD2oneX.

After ripping with MacTheRipper, Ghost in the Shell was 4.36 GB. It burned fine, and I got the entire movie. Then I go to rip Requiem for a Dream. It came out to 4.33 GB. Even less! It should be fine, right? It plays just great until the end... it's missing last 5-10 minutes. How frustrating.

Then I also noticed when compressing longer movies w/ dvd2onex that lowering the output increased running time on my movies. Yet, even at 4.29 GB, I'm missing the last 10 minutes! According to the developer's website, making a smaller disc image (due to lower output) is simply avoiding burning of the last sectors of the DVD.

With this in mind, as well as the problems I had with UNcompressed movies less than 4.36 GB, I have to believe it's my cheapo memorex media. If you are using cheap media, that might be it. I've heard nasty things about Memorex. I'm actually on my way to pick up some better media. If it still screws up, I must be totally wrong! Good luck!