1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with blu ray playback

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by risin888, Aug 12, 2012.

1. risin888

risin888 Member

I followed your guide for converting .mkv files to AVCHD and Blu Ray (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_mkv_to_avchd_for_ps3_and_blu-ray.cfm) However when I play the disc back through my Panasonic Blu Ray player the bottom third of the screen is just a series of vertical lines to the point where its just a huge blur across the screen. The original .mkv file plays fine through my pc and my Sony NMP100 media player and the disc plays fine through Power DVD on my PC so Im guessing its an issue with my TV settings. The TV is Panasonic TXP50VT30B.

Im very new to this so apologies if its something glaringly obvious

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. risin888

risin888 Member

Thanks for the reply,

I'm guessing you mean the bit about Panasonic being fussy buggers, I had read that but the effect is almost like a fault on the disc rather than a awkward player. This does seem like it may be the issue though so I'll try it on a different brand player.

The stickie gives some good information and this site in general is the best I've come across explaining things in layman's terms so thanks and keep up the good work