1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with newer DVD movies

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by timmyb, Nov 16, 2003.

1. timmyb

timmyb Member

I am a Mac user and have just started copying DVDs. I have a copy of DVD2oneX 1.0.1, I am sure it is not the lastest version but the problem is. I tried copying X-MEN 2 and MATRIX Reloaded and I used the same procedures I have used for all the other movies I have copied which has worked, both movies start playing and get about half way through then they start skipping to other chapters through the movie stopping and starting. I have then placed the same disk into my mac superdrive and the movie seems to play all the way through with no problems, has anyone had the same kind of problems copying the newer movies or is it some kind of new protection that has been put on that needs to be cracked hope to hear your thoughts on the problem..

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You need to update to DVD2OneX 1.2.1 I'd imagine

(X-Men 2 did give me a nightmare in as much as DVD2One 1.3.0 said 'encrypted data found' error...even though I had gone through DVD Decrypter successfully. So I did Movie-Only & all is good !! I had no problems at all w/ Matrix Reloaded - Full-Disk copy)

3. mud

mud Member

use dvd decripter then dvd2one then copy to dvd all movies work fine ive copied these and later movies with no problems like terminator 3
    charlies angels etc try these

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[bold]mud [/bold] , he has to use DVD2OneX cos he's a Mac user ... ergo making it a different matter all together

5. nbr10

nbr10 Member

You may have greater success using OSEX to create a "disk image" then use DVD2OneX to compress the Video_TS folder from the image. It solved my problems with Disney movies and appears to work with X2 as well.

I have found that my success level with DVDBackup is dropping. Hoping for an update soon as it is the easier and faster program to use.

Also you could try using slower burn speeds. I have found by lowering my burn speed from 4x to 2x I no longer have the skipping problems on my Set top DVD player.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  6. jeepnut01

jeepnut01 Member

I have found that playing the DVD to let it decode the
    key first and then running DVDBackup works good.
    DVDBackup will then have the right key to start decoding
    the VOB files. Once it starts decoding you can then quit
    the DVD player.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  7. nbr10

nbr10 Member

Jeepnut

Are you letting the whole movie play?? I have tried all kinds of combinations like hitting every menu choice and skipping chapters throught the whole movie first...ect

Even after all that I am finding an increasing number of movies that DVD backup fails to process. Ususally the error received is "Failed to decode Title set (x)" " do you want to continue or stop"

8. jeepnut01

jeepnut01 Member

nbr10
    No I don't let the whole movie play, just let it get to the menu. When it starts decoding then I quit the DVD player an let DVDBackup finish. You just need the player on long enough for it to unlock the disk.

9. jeepnut01

jeepnut01 Member

nbr10
    No I don't let the whole movie play, just let it get to the menu. When it starts decoding then I quit the DVD player an let DVDBackup finish. You just need the player on long enough for it to unlock the disk.

10. jeepnut01

jeepnut01 Member

nbr10

11. ih8win

ih8win Guest

same problem here too with many new DVD's, i've been doing the baclup thing and DVD2one long time enough to know how to use it, but recently im facing problems, the same error as jeepnut mentioned: "Failed to decode Title set (x)" " do you want to continue or stop". but its not only this, some other DVD's workes fine with DVDBackup then DVD2One then Toast, but when playing them on some DVD players, theres a blue screen saying something about the region code that doesnt match this player... hmmmmm
    plus, i tried OSEX to make an image of X-MEN2, it worked fine, but i couldnt mount it after to compress it with DVD2ONE....

any ideas?
    updates?
    turn arounds?

btw, im a Mac user...

12. ih8win

ih8win Guest

i just managed to do x-men2 using OSEX, and not DVD backup, only by chosing DVD folder as a format from OSEX, and not DVD image, then DVD2ONE, then every thing went great...

thanx
    ;)

13. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey everyone, quick question. Where is the dvd folder option in 0sex? All I see is ps, sp and dvd image. I've been told i need the dvd folder option to back up a region 3 dvd5. Thanks a million:)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2004
  14. Londor

Londor Guest

All of the 0sex versions I know have the DVD Folder option in
    the Fmt button. Here you have a link to the latest version

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9830

Hope this time you will find it.

PS. If your OS is Panther and you can not open it just get in
    touch and I will tell you how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2004
  15. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey you're right, I got the new version then I found dvd folders. Quick question, to rip a region 3 dvd5 with 0sex do i have to choose P4(VOBU) for the key refresh rate in the OPTS drop down or can i just rip straight from DVD Folders. I finally got the new version cause i couldn'g find the dvd folder option then did the P4 option but I ran out of disk space cause the VOB file was 53 gigs. What went wrong here. Thanks a million everyone.

16. Londor

Londor Guest

I have never experienced the problems you are having.
    First insert the DVD and let DVDPlayer start playing the movie. Stop it and quit DVDPlayer. Now open 0sex, select DVDFolder and try first with its default settings. If it can not catch all the keys try P4 (VOBU).
    Anyway all the information you need is in the "read me" file that is in the Osex folder. Just take the time to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

17. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

I can't let the dvd player run without changing the region setting on my dvdr drive and I can only do that 5 times. I buy alot of film from HK, China, Japan and Korea. Everytime I lend them out I don't see them for about 6 months. I used the P4 setting and the usual setting and the same thing happens. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks a million:)

18. thoughton

thoughton Member

Hi folks, first post! Woot :p

Just thought I'd chip in since I used to live in region 3 and
    have never had problems ripping, your problem is caused by
    something other than the region.

FWIW you only need to play the DVD using DVDBackup. Don't
    need to do this with 0sex, MacTheRipper or YadeX.

Also, lots of people have reported problems with DVDBackup
    after upgrading to panther, especially people who did
    archive+upgrade. The symptoms are failing to decode the
    VOBs :) This happened to me too, I just switched to 0sex and
    no problems since. A few months later wiped my HD and did
    a clean install, and DVDBackup works normally again, but I
    never use it anymore due to the must-play-dvd-beforehand
    requirement.

Cheers,

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  19. ih8win

ih8win Guest

well, i use both DVDBackup and OSex for copying the DVD to the HD, OSex can copy DVD's that DVDBackup cannot, thats true, but i faced a problem with OSex that cannot solve and make me go back to DVDBackup which is that when theres not only the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders in the DVD disc, OSex reports an error at the begening of its proccess... any one knows a fix for that?!

20. thoughton

thoughton Member

If the DVD contains files other than AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS (e.g. it has files meant for a PC) use 0sex's 'DVD Image' mode to rip the disc. Once the image has been created, mount it and use DVD2OneX on the VIDEO_TS folder inside the image.

Cheers,