1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dvd games

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by paddy, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddy

paddy Guest

i have a modchip in my ps2 i can copy ps2dvd games onto a dvdr disc but it will not bootup on my ps2

2. da_dealer

da_dealer Member

Hi, What chip do you have, also you may need to remove some dvd checks, what game are you copying, dvdr meida and burner spec please.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

4. d.pease

d.pease Member

what do you mean "you have to remove some dvd checks" i have the same problem the games burn fine and look exactly like the original on the computer but will not boot. i have a dvd-ram/-r/cdrw tried memorex and maxell nothing.
    can you help?

5. Dela

You only have to remove dvd checks if you are ripping a game to a 700mb disk!

6. da_dealer

da_dealer Member

Well i dunno about that, some of the jap imports have to patched, i have never had to do this i just make a 1:1 copy but i have been told it needs patching! Maybe its just a safety measure so that it definety works? I dunno thats what i was told!

7. Dela

I've never seen it before that a dvd game needed dvd checks to be removed while been copied to a dvd-r, but I suppose I don't get Jap imports so I wouldn't know! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.