1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 USB controller issues on PC

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by VanGambit, Apr 21, 2007.

1. VanGambit

VanGambit Member

Wasn't sure where exactly to post this:

I have a PS2 to PS3 controller converter adapter with USB.
    I want to plug it into my pc so i can use my controllers on it but am having troubles.

The adapter i have has 4 leds to indicate which channel the controller will be using. These flash when you initially plug it in and then you are meant to push the analog button on the controller and the controllers will work (it's the equivalent of the ps3 sync button).

My adapter is recognised by windows and appears in the gamepad setup but unfortunately it does not recognise any activity by the controller unless i push the analog button. After which, there is activity for a second and then nothing.

Has anyone got any experience with this or can point me in the right direction to fixing the problem?

Ultimately i'm wanting to use my Guitar Hero Controller on Frets on Fire.

2. emgram769

emgram769 Member

I am having a similar problem involving the guitar hero controller

I bought my ps2 to usb converter from Radioshack intending to use it to use my GH2 guitar controller on frets on fire, however the computer doesn't recognize any buttons being pressed

when i plug the regular ps2 controller in it works fine but as long as the analog light is on

as for your problem, it seems somewhat like a driver issue, i use the original windows driver but i also used http://www.soft32.com/download_174588.html
    as a driver and it worked fine

also, what OS are you using?

3. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007