1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP forum

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by triplebud, Jul 20, 2005.

1. triplebud

triplebud Regular member

Just want to say great site first off...

The PSP forum is a little out of control. Someone really needs to get in there, sticky a few things and start kicking some butt. The rest of your forums are informative and well kept.

The PSP section has a lot of people who think they know. Their version of the law (the new iso loaders and roms) is everything is "ok". There seems to be a lot of younger people in there and I don't want to see anyone get in trouble.

Don't get me wrong. If you weed through the posts and try to figure things between the nonsense, there is some good information. That's not the way it should be.

I’m sure you have a Senior Member that knows this stuff and can start getting things run in there the way all the other forums in here run...respectable, informative and fun to read.

Thanks for your time and all the great info you've provided over the years!

-Bud

*edit* example http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/189957
    it just gets worse in there. why bump that junk with more garbage?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I don't know crap about PSP's so which threads, in your opinion, are worthy of being stickied?

3. triplebud

triplebud Regular member

I sent you a PM. thanks for the quick clean-up!! Looking much better!

4. evnflow

evnflow Guest

i may be wrong on this issue but you are allowed to talk about launchers, just you can not provide info on how to get iso images in the same sentence or area...and about the roms...you are allowed to have a back up of rom AS long as you own an original copy of it....also on the launchers wouldn't it be probable to compare them to swap magic disk and mods..they are providing the same service..allowing you to have backup images of your games and play them...just it will be on your memory card instead of a umd disc,since sony will not come out with burners/disc...if i am wrong then please do correct me...this is the general idea that i have gotten...i personally support sony and DO own the games i have backed up...if you don't support them, they will fail..

Neph...the psp is really nothing but a portable computer now...mostly drag and drop items...quite enjoyable to tinker with...

5. triplebud

triplebud Regular member

If Nephilim is not around right now can someone please edit the link out of this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/219641 until everything can be sorted out with chanhuff who is claiming to have developed a PSP downgrade.

I would like to test it and make sure that:

1. It wont kill your psp
    2. It is not an upgrade to v2.0
    3. He is the actual developer
    4. That if he did make this, no one else steals it and say it's theirs.
    5. Afterdawn gets credit for "heard it first"

Thanks!

P.S. This may also be something that you dont want linked to your forum because of Sony security bypass. Could be against law...

6. evnflow

evnflow Guest

first off i highly doubt that this is real...if it is then dayum dude good job...i don't see how you can downgrade the 2.0 version but the 1.51 and 1.52 versions couldn't be downgraded...like i said it could be the real deal but i highly doubt that this has been done..otherwise it would have been broadcasted all across the net..just my two cents...holla ;)

7. dabs

dabs Member

i aint senior - but i know my forum etticate and psp...

8. iwir3d

iwir3d Member

Just wondering. Im trying to downgrade form 2.00. I managed to get past all data curuption and have it try and uh upgrade to a lower version. Heres all I have to say.

Normally, when trying to run a OOD (Out of Date) version you will receive this message.

---------------------------------
    The system software on your PSP™
    system is version 2.00.
    There is no need to update.

However, when we try and modify the UPDATER_VER to 2.01 or higher we get a "Currupt Data" message.

The trick to bypassing these 2 messages and receivign a 3rd message is this. (not sure if it helps but hey)

1. Copy a update to your psp, make the UPDATER_VER a really high number or remove it all together, so I've heard, to your first memorystick.

2. Copy a VALID 1.5 JP update to your other memorystick.

3. Start up the update on the first card and quickly switc hto the second card. You will receive the following message instead of the above one.

PSP™ System Software
    Version 1.50

Quickly followed by:

-------------------------------------------
    A later version of the system software is
    already installed.
    There is no need to update.
    -------------------------------------------

After pressing "O" to go back it just sits there at the system software screen.

Now what im curuious abotu is why doesnt it go back to main? COuld there be a way to use this to downgrade by editing the second eboot.pbp file? I havent tried to use the same modded eboot because I seriously doubt that would make it work, just give curruption. But if anyone would like to investigate this maybe? Afterall why use TWO different error messages for the same thing? My first thought is that it was an exploit in an earlier version alowing downgrade. After Sony found out they fixed it. But then again I could be totally wronge.

EDIT:
    Ok just wanted to throw this out there. Depending on how the psp updates. What if it only replaces files and the older version doesnt replace what the newer one did. THus causing it to have no effect after down grading? Anyone even think of that? Most likle somehas :)

---

EDIT 2:
    It seems if you take a 2.00 JP update and replase the .psar file with a 1.50 JP Update you can ALMOST get it to work. I managed to get it to say "Start" for the upgrade altho it says Currupt data in front of that so it doesn't let me select it. Im asuming if i figure otu the curupt data it would let me update to 1.50. And no I did not change UPDATER_VER of the 2.00 on MS2 to 2.01 or any other such version. All I replaced was the .psar file.

---

EDIT 3:
    Seems I cannot get it to show the "Start" for the update again. Once I do tho I'll post screen shots. Anyone happen to know why it considers it as "Currupt Data"? As far as I know if I can get this back to the EDIT 2, it's possible it can be downgraded. But then again not sure. I knew I should have gotten my moms digital camera and taken a damn screen shot of it tho =/

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  9. lglila

lglila Member

i just bought a psp from some dude and i tryd to browse the net but it keeps giving me a connection error. Do i have to reset everything up and if i do how would i do that?!!??!!?

10. evnflow

evnflow Guest

@iglila...hello welcome try this forum...i think that is what you are looking for, good luck ;)

11. evnflow

evnflow Guest

12. IMMickeyD

IMMickeyD Member

@evnflow omg finally, iv been reading threads for weeks now and finally iv been accepted to this forum, now i am a newb when it comes to all of this, but iv been reading so much that i think i know whats going on, iv found many people with the same problems, one guy had same situation only different game. you told him how to convert the psp_game and the data thing to an iso using the vcdromx. i did everything you said, including the second step of using the type of file it made and changing that to iso. it came out with a winrar file like it did for him. i downloaded the vcdromx again from the site u included to see if there was a difference, none. i dont know why it keeps comin up with winrar files. it says my game name i gave it "lumines.iso" but its a winrar file. iv tried putting that whole thing into fastloader v.07 then i even unrared it and put those contents into it and also tried the file it made b4 it was an iso in desperation... i know everything esle is right, maybe because u use v.05 theres a difference, do u think thats it? well please help me... i really appreciate how much you help others and stuff, and it seems like u guys talk a lot so im hoping that you will respond to this, im not quite sure how these threads work, or how u will get this message but thanks anyway

13. evnflow

evnflow Guest

IMMickeyD...check this forum out for psp loaders: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228749 but that file is what you need, the "lumines.iso" one, and you just put that file in the ISO folder...when you use VcdromX it will use the Winrar icon instead of the ISO icon...if you have a yahoo messanger name...pm me with it and i will give you a walkthrough on it...holla...

14. IMMickeyD

IMMickeyD Member

@evnflow man ur great at responding, u kno im sure uv like saved so many hours of ppls lives, Iv read that thread so many times and iv noticed u copy and paste it into other threads... lol.. i dont have a yahoo, but i got aim, if u have aim or if yahoo and aim can like work together i dunno. my screen name is sKanKing J3w, but its for AIM.. i dunno, ill i gotta do is like learn how to do this once and then im set for like so many games... so im willing to do whatever it takes and i know that ur great at helpin ppl out. i just wanna thank u a bunch for being such a life saver!

15. lex3191

lex3191 Member

Look I just wanted to say something. Lots of people have had the same problem as I have. Just upload the RAR file. Although it looks like a RAR it is actually the ISO you need. if you open the rar and it has the folder PSP_GAME and the UMD_DATA.BIN file in it then that is the iso. Just upload that ISO (RAR File) and it will work. And EvenFlow thanks on the all help you have posted. Now I know how to create ISO's it's a good skill cause you wont alsways get the files in iso format. Take care all....

16. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I been into PSP fourm and no one seems to help. IS anyone helping in there???? Same with cell phones fourms.

17. evnflow

evnflow Guest

rihgt682..what do you need help with?

18. rpatao08

rpatao08 Member

Hey Evnflow,
    You seem to know alot about the PSP fastloader...Was wondering if you can help me out...I have a PSPv1.5, have fastloader v0.7, and had it comes to the SpongeBob intro, and the list of games I put on their as iso files, but the thing is when I select one of them. It will ask for a UMD disc, and then will freeze?

Any info will help greatly? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know im almost their, My problem might be with the ripkits i download from other site.

19. evnflow

evnflow Guest

ok..it seems you are using fastloader V0.05, not V0.07(Version 5 is the one with the sponge bob screen...my personal fav for "original" backgrounds...but anyways)...it will ask you to take the umd out first(when starting fastloader)...then once you select the iso it's going to ask you to put in a umd...insert the umd and it should start...

20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

How do i put PSP UMD game or movie into a Memory card or to a PC.