1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about XBMC dashboard install

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Daak, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Daak

Daak Member

My question is reguarding the very last step in installing XBMC as a dashboard but I will give a rundown of what I have done so far first.

I installed UnleashX V0.38 using this site:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-softm...-sid-4-0-a.html

Everything went smoothly except after the install the red light indicator on my xbox went on and the site doesnt say anything about a red light. I havent tryed playing a game yet and DVD movies dont seem to load from the dashboard so I hope this isnt a problem since I dont want unleashX as a dashboard anyway.

Anyway I got the FTP access up and working and followed this site for XBMC install:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/376141

The major difference is I'm not using the XBMC that that site links I'm using "XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH"
    The minor differences I noticed is I have an "X" "Y" "Z" folders on the Xbox HDD and there was no "Apps" folder in "E" folder like the site shows (hope that isnt an issue) so I created one to put the XBMC file in.

Now this is the step I'm currently at where I need to get the shortcut I created named "default.xbe" to overwrite the Unleashx.xbe. I cant find a "default.xbe" like the tutorial mentions should already be there. The only .xbe files I can find are:

C:\xboxdash.xbe
    E:\evoxdash.xbe

Do I rename my shortcut to replace one of these or just place my created defualt.xbe in C or E?

This is probably so simple but I just dont want to mess it up as it could mean no dashboard loads if I get it wrong. Thanks for any help.

2. navskin

navskin Regular member

hi dose you xbox have a chip init if it dose you need to download a xbox aouto installer disk the latest one i think it 3.10 but am not sure. if get that i can tell you what to do then.

3. Daak

Daak Member

Hi, I got it working - It was the evoxdash.xbe. Out of 4 sites noone could tell me that...

Anyway now I'm trying to upgrade the harddrive to a larger one I have laying around.

Any Ideas why I can acesss my hardrive in XBMC but it wont let me navigate files? It says permission denied.

Thanks.

4. navskin

navskin Regular member

i think you can only add a bigger hdd if you use somthing call an evox boot disk but dont know how to do it havent got cule.