1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on putting movies on xbox HDD without ftping

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Proggy99, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Proggy99

Proggy99 Member

About a year ago I had my xbox modded with the xecuter3, then a lightning storm zapped two ports on my router, including the one my xbox network port was plugged in to and it got zapped to. Could have been worse, a lightning strike from that same storm hit my neighbors house and shattered some windows and burnt the wall in her living room, heh.

Anyway, I am trying to put some of my son's movies on the hdd to take it along in the van without having to shuffle disks. I have xbmc installed, a 320g hd working and everything is good. My question is on whether I can hook the HD up directly to the computer and transfer all the movies at once rather than doing it one at a time off the disk in the xbox dvd drive itself? I saw a couple programs that allow pc hookup, but they all seemed to be directed towards backing up or building a brand new xbox hdd or used for ftp transfer(which I can not do with a dead network port). Is there a simple program that allows me to see the xbox hdd in some sort of file manager and copy iso's directly to it on the computer? I have looked the last few days and can not find anything that does just this. Thanks for any help.

2. corn

corn Guest

You can FTP directly to the PC using a crossover cable, or you can use the DVD2XBOX, which rips games/movies right to the Xbox, although it looks like you don't want to do that.

Anyways, you can use a CAT-5 Crossover cable to FTP, and transfer the movies, but you will have to spend all that time ripping them onto your computer :/.

EDIT: Here is a link, it tells you how to backup games, but you can just FTP and transfer movies instead.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/359376

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  3. Proggy99

Proggy99 Member

thanks for the reply, but as I said, my xbox network port is dead. I run a sagetv entertainment network, so all of my son's dvds are already ripped and stored as VOB's on my home server. I am just looking for a fast way to move them all to the xbox by somehow attaching the xbox hdd to the pc using an IDE cable and running a program that allows me to see the xbox hdd as a normal drive...if that is possible. I found one old program that looked like it never worked and the other stuff I found all seem to be to do an entire drive copy. I am looking to do specific folders or at the least, individual iso files without having to do one disk at a time in the xbox drive. I have xbmc and dvd2xbox already loaded using the aidautoinstaller disk. Just looking for a quicker method that does not need ftp capability.