1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4DS Basic Guide (Complexity: Easy)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by pryme_H, Feb 11, 2008.

1. RobbieNew

RobbieNew Member

To Pryme

Thanks for the help. And I knew we could pcik and choose, its just I forgot that we just divide Megabits by 8 to get the MB count ._.

2. happyloaf

happyloaf Member

I downloaded that firmware and it did not work. The person I bought it from told me to use R4DSL.net?

3. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

4. happyloaf

happyloaf Member

I got that and it works but the compatibility seems horrible. I cannot get FF3 to run....i really think I got hosed on this memory card and it is an R4 knock off and not an actual R4.

5. ghost.x74

ghost.x74 Member

Does anybody know if it is possible to create a savegame folder that would hold the .sav game files seperate to the actual game files.

What im trying to do is set up my R4ds so that when I save a game, the .sav file will go into the savegame folder and not keep building up in with my game files.

Also how is it possible to know what version of R4ds I have bought? I thought that they were all the same but that only firmware versions were different. What is the difference between versions 1, 2 or 3?

6. moggser

moggser Regular member

7. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

8. saigonman

saigonman Member

hey guys im new here but i really need your help
    i followed this tutorial but when i turn on my ds with the slot and all i just get a black screen with white letters saying "Loading..." and it stays like that forever....PLEASE HELP!!!!

9. 1TruADP

1TruADP Member

yeah im having the same problem. it works fine with the firmware thats on the disk that came with the r4. but when i try to update the firmware it always gets stuck at the loading screen. ive tried everything but it only works with the firmware on the disk. any body know how to get past this? oh and its an english version so its not the patch issue.

10. iambigh

iambigh Member

Hi all, the newest of newbies here. My 2 granddaughters both have a ds lite and they are off on their holidays this Friday, so I thought I would treat them to an R4 each and a friend of mine has loaded 2 x 2gb microsd cards with games ready for them so the walkthrough will be a big help to me. The question I would like answered would be, as the girls will not use their ds's for music or video, do I need to install the moonshell folder. I would grateful for any replies on the subject. Thanks in advance

11. ArchFelin

ArchFelin Member

Heh! No matter how young they are they will install the moon shell if they ever want it.

I would say go ahead and install it, though. It is easy enough to delete.

12. DMBrownie

DMBrownie Member

I'm having the same problem! I emailed the R4 tech-people but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I hope somebody knows how to fix this because it's really starting to frustrate me!

13. DMBrownie

DMBrownie Member

Well after doing some poking around. I found out that I too was scammed with an N5. If you're firmware on the disc that was sent to you has a file called _AX_MENU.DAT, you're using the N5 firmware not the R4. Looks like I'll be buying another cart...

14. Evapower

Evapower Guest

Dear Arch Fellin, I looked all over the world, and I discovered you have (had) exactly the same problem as me. (see your older posting below) I just got the R4 yesterday and I tried (I think)everything. Can you (or anyone else who has the answer) please help me(ASAP)? What am I doing wrong, or is the R4 or SD card broken? Greetings Evapower

=====================================================================
    =====================================================================

15. moggser

moggser Regular member

so come ere your sayin the N5 is not worth the hassle of gettin one of them so and go for the R4 instead ??

16. doggieds

doggieds Guest

Lol, i bought a NF too i thought it would be like r4/m3 upgrade, i couldn't find firmware from www.r4ds.com than i started searching google and found..

http://www.r4ds-forums.com/rf/the-o...am-a-clone-"-thread-t1099.html-st=0&sk=t&sd=a

first picture i saw.. NF.. yes i had tears.

Where did you buy your NF? i got mine from amazon seller would not reply.. lucky i still have my original R4

17. moggser

moggser Regular member

i didn get either of them they only have shit ones ere like m3 adapters thats the name of them dont really like them or trust them

18. gameboy8

gameboy8 Guest

I just found a website depot888.com
    which has R4DS adapter with very cheap price. however, they are in Canada not in Europe,I am not sure they are reliable or not. who has purchased R4 DS card from them? any idea or comments?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  19. olddaddy

olddaddy Member

I just purchased a R4DS card for my grandson from depot888.com . I would like to say, the price and service of depot888.com are EXCELLENT. The only thing is that they are Canada based company and drop shipping from Hong Kong. It took me about 2 weeks to get the parcel. So if you are in a hurry, please do not order from them, otherwise everything is perfect.
    My grand daughter now is asking for another R4 DS card. I just paid a new irder thru paypal and parcel is on the way.
    Hope this will help.

20. caz0164

caz0164 Member

hi can someone elp me i have a nintendo ds and have bought a one of them plug in addapters with thetransflash adapter and the micro sandisc 2gb card i also have the cartridge that goes in ds but when i download the games how do you put them on the card HELP ME PLEASE:::::