1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Mod XBox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Sciamo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Sciamo

Sciamo Member

I have read through a lot of postings here and am still left with my question.

I bought the spiderchip and installed it - quite difficult considering the instructions are flawed.

I turn it on, the system boots to their bios screen, and that is it. No instructions on what to do, where to get a BIOS, which to get, anything.

What I want is to be able to take my XBox with me to England when I move there in two months. I want to play my current 25 games AND be able to buy new ones in England.

1) Can my spiderchip do this? If it is the simple matter of downloading a BIOS exactly where do I do that? I've searched for two hours now and cannot find anything.

2) If my spiderchip cannot do this, what can?

Thank you very much,
    Sciamo

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I think it is funny how there are many questions about the spider chip on this site and often times you see 0 to 1 replies for them. I have only heard bad things about the Spider chip, and if I was you, I would honestly think about getting an Xecutor or Xenium mod chip. There is just little to no support for the Spider chip and any problems you run into down the road even if you do figure out how to use it will not be able to be answered most of the time.

Check out this thread, a guy reviewed his spider mod chip experience, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/185790

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
  3. Sciamo

Sciamo Member

Would those chips easily allow me to use UK XBox games?
    Thanks!

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yes, they would.....

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Im 100% behind PimpD
    go with the xecuter or xenium chips
    also, people tend to get the xecuter3 or xenium ice, when in reality, you PROBABLY wont need everything they have to offer.
    In most cases people want to play their backups and connect to their pc, install apps to their xbox etc.
    The xecuter 2.6 is fine for all this, you wont need an OS.
    The only reason I say this, to some people that are new to the mod scene, the OS can make things seem more complicatee than they actually are.
    With the 2.6 its install, boot, flash, install apps, done.
    no tsop, OS to bother with.
    Also for xbox bios
    use IRC (mirc most common one)
    server EFNET, channel XBINS
    theres everything ya need.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005