1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rehash: toast, result code -108,

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by jsb133, Oct 8, 2004.

1. jsb133

jsb133 Member

Specs:
    PBook 15" Al, 1GB RAM, Toast 6, MTR 2.0.1, DVD Remaster 1.4.1

Details:
    things all working well. But when I recently decided to make backup copies of my kids DVD's so they would not trash the originals I started running into problems. I first ripped the DVD's, then did all steps normally to make a copy. These were different than most others I have done as they had DVD-ROM content as well. I wondered if that would pose a problem. Shouldn't right? But when copies are burned the DVD skips in my Panansonic DVD player. Weird.

The DVD's play on my Mac fine. Weirder...

So I thought I would rip the "Main Feature Only" in MTR and see if the DVD-ROM stuff was the problem.

Now when I go to burn the DVD's I get the dreaded "Could not recored the disc because there was not enough memory. Result Code -108"

Looking on the Roxio troubleshooting site I see that they have a FAQ on this: "This particular error is usually caused when there is a problem with the layout of your Video_TS folder, which is the folder that contains your video DVD content. It would be a good idea to go back to your DVD authoring application and have it re-create this folder. "

The files play fine with the DVD Player "open video_ts folder".

The layout of the files look OK. So I am not sure what is going on here. Anyone else have any pointers? Suggestions? Solutions?

JB

2. sidekick1

sidekick1 Guest

Don't use MTR to back up the dvd to your HDD.

Try DVDBackup its free and very simple to use. I've never had a problem with DVDBackup.. Rip the dvd to your HDD. If the dvd you ripped is larger than 4.3 gig you must reduce the size of the contents using DVD2OneX so you can back up the dvd to a blank DVD.

Make sure you are using the correct dvd disks. If you have a DVD-R burner use DVD-R disks, etc... Although I have a DVD-R burner and I have used DVD+R disks with no problem... Its all a hardware issue. Try different disks, some disks are worse than others - not all blank dvd media are the same quality.. I use Memorex DVD-R 4X and have never had a problem with them.. I have had problems with a bundle of cheap blank DVD media. Its all trial and error..

As for your skipping problem, I had the very same problem. Its the DVD player... Not much you can do about it... The laser may be out of line, the laser may not be strong enough, the firmware my not be up to date. You can try calling Panasonic and ask them send you a firmware update for the particular dvd player you have - if there is one available. It took panasonic 2 months to send a cd to update the firmware for one of my buddies. Even though he just bought the DVD player it didn't come with the right firmware.

3. hapaboy

hapaboy Member

-108 Toast, G5, DVD2one

I just got that error and it's new given the 6 disks I ripped using MacTheRipper, DVD2one, and now Toast. Help.

4. hapaboy

hapaboy Member

-108 Just did the Toast upgrade and looked for the new "DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS" checkbox. It's burning as we speak. Keep your fingers crossed.