1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replies on this site are slow

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Ragnarok8, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

topic says all, it takes weeks for a question to get answered (or never at all) and usually it's just a question about my question, which takes another week to get replied to.

No offense or anything, and i do appreciate any help that i get but the help is really slow

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

It kinda funny that you have only asked 2 questions out of what....8 post's that you replied to.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

well I think the response time to things I have asked has been unbelievably fast.
    No complaints from me, only lots of praise.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Some questions are rather simple and can be easily answered right away. Others are more complicated and require someone with a bit more knowledge. People come here on their free time and offer their knowledge and don't always come here every day. It's just a matter of being patient.

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

seriously...why complain about getting FREE support for various issues? Would you rather spend hours on the phone with tech support try to solve a problem? I've asked questions here that takes months to get answered. We should all be appreciative of the immense collaboration of individuals that come to this site to help others.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Yes it can take a very long time for someone who has an answer for your problem to notice the thread and respond to it. There are many reasons this happens. Sometimes a question is fairly obscure so there aren't many people who can answer it. Other times the question is in the wrong forum (it doesn't matter how many people know the answer if they don't ever see the question). There are also some people (like me) who tend to ignore questions that get answered at least once a week and would have been answered 100 times over with a simple search.

Going by a search of the forums I only see 3 threads that you started and the only one you didn't get a quick answer to was an obscure question:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/117723

7. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

I have posted a querie regarding DVD burning, Nero and MadDog but it has been summarily pushed to second page due to newer posts. Do I run the risk of my querie being "lost under the pile," so to speak? How best to circumvent this?

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

9. zippyd

zippyd Active member

flip,
    You may have opened a can of worms on that one. You might want to suggest a "tolerable time to wait before bumping. I have seen in the past some who bump after only a couple hours.

10. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

flip,
    (If I follow your response...)Thanks for not nixing my thread. Are you re-posting the appropriate forum yourself? I do want to follow the rules here, so just let me know when I am out of order. I am thinking I cannot apologize here, since that would be re-posting an apology I already posted somewhere else, right?;). Owing to zippyd's comment, I'll hold off bumping for later since you folks are apparently able to see my posting fine. Thanks for the lessons. Happy 2005!

11. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

I might have misunderstood you're message, on item #2, you are saying that you are keeping it open since I WAS in the appropriate forum, not that you are re-posting my message to the appropriate forum.

Another thing, I happen to chance upon livia1496's (or something) thread via the search engine on AD. So, it was livia who posted in the wrong forum. I happen to reply to her thread since we had the same problem, and it so happen that she was in the wrong forum, hence I ended up in there as well. At least, I used the search engine to find out if my question has been raised here before, which is a forum rule as well.

12. flip218

Leave it to you zippy ... But Zippy is right. Most of our members browse the forums daily. And I usually check the "List of all updated thread" which show the most recent threads posted to in the last 24 hours.

Just remember ... all of us are here on our free time. And someone who knows how to best answer your question may take a couple of days to find it. If you post goes unanswered for a few days ... then "bump" it to the top.

I left it open, because your second thread was about using Nero to create a DVD from your own material. You second thread was posted in DVD-R Newbies .. which is the right forum.

Actually livia1496 posted in the correct forum. If you read her post it says "I have been trying to copy data from desktop to sony cd-r using nero 6." She is trying to burn a cd-r and she posted in cd-r.

13. zippyd

zippyd Active member

What can I say.....? ;)

Actually I was thinking in the interest of all of us "regulars". I can only imagine a group of newbies having seen your recomendation to bump. One hour and five bumps later, "But that moderator flip218 said it was ok to bump". LOL

14. flip218

lmao ... funny thing is that would happen.

15. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

Damn, you're good. Sorry about the quoting snafu. Missed the frontslash on the 3'-end.