1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping cant find solution

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by frozen10, Oct 31, 2008.

1. frozen10

frozen10 Member

hey ive been backing up dvds for a while now and ive come across a few movies that i am having a problem ripping, anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

trying "catch me if you can"
    (MTR FULL DISK EXTRACTION) - rips fine but on playback has 2 huge glitches and it skips forward missing half the movie.

(MTR FEATURE ONLY) - rips about halfway through and freezes.

(HANDBRAKE) - tried ripping/encoding straight from handbrake did recommended settings from others and made sure the right title and all chapters were selected. However it finishes with exporting only the first 25 minutes of the movie but seems fine.

(OSEX) - ripping into single .VOB files only rips the same first 25min of the film. ripping dvd folders option freezes halfway through and ripping dvd image only rips first 25minutes again.

It seems i have a problem with the dvd at that point if i by pass it or not the dvd is still messed up. it has scratches and if my only solution is to clean the thing im sorry to have wasted your time and ill keep trying to clean it i was jsut wondering if anyone could shine some light on other solutions. I am on a mac and beleive these programs are my best options for ripping or at least i think. i am using vertabram dvd-R but ive backed up many with no problems. Ive also tried ripping "heat" the movie but it also freezes halfway but has no scratches. Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Try new updated ripping software/applications.. your symptoms sound like you are using programs from years ago which can't handle the new (BS) protections used.

3. frozen10

frozen10 Member

thanks for the reply varnull. i'm not sure if thats the issue though because those titles are pretty old and I've recently backed up iron man, the pursuit of happiness, die hard 4 and others. Ive tried cleaning it and still no luck. I'll look to see if my software is up to date though. thanks.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

5. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This movie was released in 2003. You most likely have a bad disc. Try giving it a really good cleaning.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Doh!, I just cleaned my spectacles and noticed the original poster is using a mac. Have teleported thread to the relevant forum.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

Aye.. not my field either. Don't see the point of paying for unix :)