1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping hitch

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by papirock, Jul 26, 2005.

1. papirock

papirock Member

i have had a monster of a time rippin hitch... the freakin thing tells me its got bad sectors and wont rip with MTR 2.6.6 i've had similar issues with other DVD's from columbia pictures..... am i just crazy and paranoid? any thing would help

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

i know there were issues when you burned this with pc.. i read some of those threads... but i'm not sure what you would do on mac.
    i know that mtr 3.0 should be out soon... heard it thru the grapevine anyways... but i dont know right now...

may wanna check out other ripping software.

3. papirock

papirock Member

have u heard when MTR 3 will be out? i think i can wait to BACKUP hitch but what if it happens to a movie i really want to BACKUP.... by the way i LOVE my mac and macs in general..... and i dig any body who is willin to spend a little extra dough to have the best ... holla

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

i cant remember what site it was on.. but i know the author was taking donations..
    anybody know where?
    so he can get it released sooner...

5. AlbcAlbrr

AlbcAlbrr Member

6. papirock

papirock Member

thanks... im gonna donate to the cause..... i pree-she-ate those peephole

7. papirock

papirock Member

more columbia pictures woes.... i couldnt rip are we there yet...... bad sectors just like hitch what other rippers besides OSex and MTR will accomplish this on tiger? its pissin me off

8. vantrells

vantrells Member

the reason you are having problems backing up that disk is because it is arccoss (sp?) protected. here's the deal... when you start up MTR and insert the disk it will do it's scan and you will notice that it should automatically switch to MTR's arccoss mode (make sure it's full disk extraction arrcoss). process the movie like normal and let it chug it's way through the bad spots. at the end it says "blah, blah, blah bad sectors it might not work right..." and that's ok. next. take out the dvd. then open up dvd player on your mac and go to "file" then select "open video TS folder" find hitch's video ts folder and select it. then press play on your dvd players control panel. if it plays fine then you're in business. then you have to do one of two things... use popcorn to process the whole movie or use dvd2one and choose movie only. in dvd2one you have to deselect the chapters or cells (cant remember) that have no data. there is cell that has 0:00 for time but 32mb for file size, i got rid of that too and my copy plays just fine.

i prefer the movie only mode in dvd2one. but that's just me.

9. papirock

papirock Member

so when it says bad sectors it doesnt quit?.... i know im inpatient but that thing stood still at 900 mb for 10 mins.... how long should i wait? and i know my title says noob but im far from it on a mac.... i extracted arccos main feat and whole disc with the same result ...how long with the extract take

10. vantrells

vantrells Member

yes you do want to use the arcoss whole disk extraction for MTR. it does take a little longer than normal to rip. you probably noticed that soon after you hit start it would only creep along. that's normal. it may take up to 30min or so. im like you and i want everything right now but for this you have to wait a little longer. what the movie company is doing is adding bad sectors to the start of the disk on purpose just to throw off the ripping software. a normal movie may only take like 15-20min to extract on my machine but these take a little longer.

for additional info you can do a search on this site and find all sorts of stuff on this copy protection. other movies to search... the forgotten, the grudge, little black book, resident evil 2, and there are a couple other ones. md

11. papirock

papirock Member

thanks buddy...... where can i dl some patience as well.... just kiddin..... thanks though

12. papirock

papirock Member

man that worked.....then i movie only'ed it in dvd2onex... it went from 23mb to 1. sumptin gigs.... and it really didnt take that much longer.... thanks again for all the help