1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping only audio from a DVD

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Sucher, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Sucher

Sucher Member

How can I do that? I don't want the video files, just audio files from my DVD. Preferably in MP3 format. I have a Mac, so is there anything that will do this for me?

2. eikcam

eikcam Guest

i;d like to know to can anyone help

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Well guys,
    I can't say for Macs, but I have used 2 programs to get the Audio track from a DVD.

First I use Smartripper to rip the *.Vob files and then I use DVD2AVI (to frameserve) this strips an audio file off. You can chop it up in an audio editor and encode it to mp3 after.

Hope this helps, the programs are available here in afterdawn (PC versions, MAC???)

Mark

4. dalai

dalai Member

I use Dvd Audio Ripper. Yahoo it. 30 day trial version. I ripped Karokke music file only, straight from Dvd and it convert itself to mp3. Great software. There's a how to on their websit as well. Hope this help.

5. eikcam

eikcam Guest

propsss guys

6. dalai

dalai Member

So you can listen to music that you like but happens to be on Dvd and not on cd or the right format for your cd player. That's what Dvd Audio Ripper does. Get it?

7. Sucher

Sucher Member

And I'm sure it would work great for my computer if it were a PC. I couldn't find a mac download on their site. Did I miss something?

But yeah, that's exactly the thing I'm looking for, only for mac

8. tarkob

tarkob Member

Easy as can be: get AudioHijack and record it live, direct from the DVD.

9. eikcam

eikcam Guest

tarkob that seems 2 b the only option on mac thanks but any updates like 2 b informed....Thanks Everyone

10. Sucher

Sucher Member

Ja, only for Mac. Perfect. Thank ye much, tarkob!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]'And that, my Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped.' -Sir Bedevere[/small]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  11. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

I know the best program to rip audio from DVD.Download EXTRACTOR for osx,its a free program.first select your vob files,then you can select to convert only the audio,and in different kinds,like mp2,dts,pcm and ac3.If you want to convert it to mp3 i think you can do that in itunes.
    If it doesnt work there are many other programs to convert it to mp3

12. Londor

Londor Guest

Use OSEx to rip the DVD as a progressive stream so you get one large .vob file.

Now use ffmpegX and select in Quick Presets "Movie Audio to mp3" and click on the "Audio" tab to select the bit rate (192), sampling (44100), channels (stereo) and mode (VBR) and select one Audio track if the DVD has several ones. Click the encode button.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9830

http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

13. eikcam

eikcam Guest

Londor thanks a lotttttttttt