1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio Popcorn Burning problem im gonna cry

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Yeaitsme, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Yeaitsme

Yeaitsme Member

Alright ive made a lot of dvds burning my video ts folder with popcorn but lately ive been geting a
    sense key medium error
    sense code=0x72, 0x03 right when its about to write the lead in.

Ive been writting the dvds at 1x , 2x, 4x, and at best

Ive had my display sleep off and ive been getting this error still

should i close all applications and let it sit and try to burn please help ive thrown out several dvds because of this error

the dvds i use is Memorex dvd-r 8x they have been working great so far until this problem.

Joe

2. vantrells

vantrells Member

i've just got into making dvd backups a few months ago and early on i had all sorts of problems with getting anything to work. i had disks that seemed all right then would crash at some point in playback, disks that failed to verify with some goofy error and failed burns just like you said when it was writing a lead in. after alot of google and ripping forum searches it mostly pointed to bad media. and what was i using?...memorex dvd-r's (i'm dutch & from michigan, we're cheap) . one thing i did was slooowww down my burn to 2x and nearly all of my burns worked with those disks. but you said that you slowed down your burn so i would try some different media. also don't run other programs or minimize stuff when it rips, compresses or burns. even still when doing all of this stuff i've had some bad burns with memorex, i'm glad i've used them up.

3. Yeaitsme

Yeaitsme Member

thanks for the advice , yea i heard memorex has been giving problems they work on and off i guess i'll try maxell, they didnt give me a problem, but i still dont really know what to do. I didnt wanna update my firmware because im not really sure how 2 properly do that.

What discs do you use?

thanks

Anyone know any other suggestions too?

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Medium=the blank media. Try different media and/or different burn speed.

5. Yeaitsme

Yeaitsme Member

Alright i just bought some tdk dvds and i still have the same problem, right when it goes to write lead in its ERROR TIME!!

i think im just going to give up on this. Maybe ill buy a new mac.

6. vantrells

vantrells Member

before you go off the deep end and thrown your current setup in the river, i would try a few more troubleshooting things. roxio has a forum and troubleshooting page about popcorn, i would do a search there. if you can, try burning with toast. or try giving popcorn a file that doesn't require compression (i did see some related material on roxio's forum site about that, there was a debate about popcorn itself having issues....http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxio/board/message?board.id=Popcorn&message.id=737#M737) try borrowing someone else's external burner if possible. roxio said if you've tried the media/speed switching/color of dvd/etc... it might be your burner. don't throw in the towel just yet.

7. vantrells

vantrells Member