1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio popcorn

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Slonar21, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Slonar21

Slonar21 Member

2. Londor

Londor Guest

I have not tried myself but I have read in another forums about it.

You still need a to use a ripper first. Once that you have an unprotected VIDEO_TS folder it will compress it and burn it in one step.

Apparently it does not give you as many options as DVD2OneX. You can choose to copy the whole DVD or the main title and that is it. Quality is good as long as the DVD is not bigger than 7-7.5GB or if you choose to compress just the movie.

The price is $50 which makes it $10 cheaper than DVD2OneX or if you own Toast you can get it for $30.

For what I read DVD2OneX is still a better option. If you are in a tight budget I would get DVD2OneX and use DVDImager (free) to create an UDF image that can be burned with Disk Utility. This option is $10 more expensive and it is a 3 steps process but it gives you many more options.

All in all if you are looking for a simple way to compress and burn your VIDEO_TS folders this may be for you.

3. macuser25

macuser25 Member

I've used Popcorn and DVD2One... quality and performance are the same... for any sized DVD. Reports on xlr8yourmac confirm this too.

DVD2One does offer some additional obscure features that you may use once in a while... but not worth the additional $. Popcorn gets the job done for what most people want to do most of the time.

The fact that it includes the Toast burning inside the app is a bonus, since you get the DL burning and full drive support that you get in Toast. Free disc imager utility doesn't provide that.