1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slight pause dvds made with Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dazman37, Mar 4, 2007.

1. dazman37

dazman37 Member

Hi

Quite a while ago i made a post about making DVDs from Avi files using Nero 7, Am afraid i still have the problem and couldnt find the original post so had to make a new one.

The problem i had was that on some shots noticibly panning shots there would be a slight pause every 2 to 3 seconds or the shot would not be smooth.

Could the problem be that the AVI files are NTSC and here in the Uk we use PAL?, i have tried setting nero to burn to NTSC and while the results are better its still not smooth

Any ideas before i give up?

2. onya

onya Guest

Generally speaking, these kinds of problems can be attributed to poor media and high burn speeds. Burn at 4X speed or 8X max and use the best discs you can lay your hands on. Any of this ring a bell to your previous posts?

Cheers.

3. dazman37

dazman37 Member

I dont think its down to the media that i am using , the avi files play fine on the pc (divx files), i have used various media and still have had the same results.

I always use burn speeds of 4X

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/414572

The files are being transcoded and perhaps the problems are sneaking in there. Have you tried using another utility to put them in DVD ready status prior to putting into NeroVision, if that is what you are doing?

See if you can find the quality settings being used to burn the files.

5. dazman37

dazman37 Member

hi

The files have been downloaded off the net

I have tried using winavi to put them into DVD format, i dont get the pausing issue with this program though i do sometimes get pixellation when the scene goes from a light scene to a dark scene.

When i use Nero Vision i dont get the pixellation but do get the slight pause/jittery pan shots

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I had that happen to me once when I was playing a commercial DVD using Nero ShowTime. It seems I did not have DMA enabled and the bit rate was low enough for me to see the changes. A faster processor helped, but I could still see the pauses. Maybe this experience will lead to other possibilities for you.

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Have u tried Verbatims or Taiyo Yuden's?
    If not u havent tried the best.

Also a lot of AD members like and use ConvertXtoDVD, its more stable them nero vision.