1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow burning with using the dvd decrypter & dvd shrink program. Please Help me!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lisapro15, Jan 26, 2007.

1. lisapro15

lisapro15 Member

hello there. I am having problems with using the dvd decrypter & dvd shrink program. i have the newer versions at the moment. I even checked out to see that my computer is set on DMA modes and they are. I also have the deep analyzing unchecked. Why is it taking over an hour to decrypt a movie & even to shrink it? I noticed when i start to do it my cursor moves real slow. Please help me out with this when you can. It's most appreciated. thx

2. onya

onya Guest

Nice to know you have checked out the dma and deep analysis issues, this really narrows things down. :)

Would you mind posting your PC specs and the DVD title? The more info the better.

Cheers.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

both Shrink and DVDDecrypter have not been updated in over a year for DVDDecrypter and over a couple of years for Shrink! soooooooo ...... what movie are you trying to do.... the newer movies will give both programs a hard time...... if you like both programs then you will love RipIt4Me..... it's a great program that will do all DVDs out there. download the programs, read and follow the guide and you'll be a happy burner:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

welcome to AfterDawn!

4. lisapro15

lisapro15 Member

last night i used my external burner and it burned fast. However, my internal drive wont? So i know its the internal drive that is running slow and not the programs. What shall i do from here?

thx....

5. GameHhH

GameHhH Member

I use the above mentioned RipIt4Me and it seems as if my program encodes it twice, the first time is only about 20 minutes, however then it does it again and it takes an hour, my DMA settings are also fine, do i possibly have one of the settings wrong, my AEC setting is set to Sharp (default)

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

try cleaning the drive.....compressed air in a can can work wonders.... or you can buy that CD/DVD cleaner that has a DVD with a little brush on it to wipe the laser head clean. good luck.

7. GameHhH

GameHhH Member

it is a brand new drive and the first 2 dvds i did worked great and fast, however the last couple are taking way too long, i have been doing the process for Blade for about 2 hours and it has been encoding for about an hour, any clue why it is taking so long? it used to work fast, maybe about 30 minute total to a new dvd-r

8. GameHhH

GameHhH Member

dont get me wrong, it takes the info from the DVD fine, its just the last step before it starts burning where it is encoding that takes way too long, and why is it encoding twice? it encodes once in about 15 minutes and then it encodes again right after that that takes an hour plus

9. seadale

seadale Regular member

one thing i almost missed concerning the dma/pio issue was the "current transfer mode" both my controllers said dma, but when i looked @ the transfer mode it said pio. When you get a certain amount of read errors it reverts to pio. What i did was right clicked that controller & deleted. Then i rebooted my system & windows automaticaly reinstalled that controller & bingo i was back to dma. Problem fixed.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@lisapro15

There have been instances that members drives said the transfer mode was in DMA mode but actually was in PIO mode and the current transfer setting did not change when checking the IDE channel settings. Physically it went into PIO mode but it did not change the transfer setting in the hardware manger settings.

So I would suggest going to the link below and follow the steps it gives you to put your Drive back into DMA mode. You have nothing to lose trying the steps...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/260038

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this is the first I heard of this kind of DMA issue..... Like Larry said.... follow the guide .... you have nothing to lose at this point and everything to gain! good luck.

12. GameHhH

GameHhH Member

i will follow the guide, however, why is it encoding twice??? the first time is about 20 minutes and then it encodes again right after the first and takes about an hour?

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@GameHhH

We are not talking to you and your issue. If you read through all the post you can see we are helping out lisapro15 and her issue.

Most members tend to ignore questions that are clearly trying to Hijack a thread. If your having an issue then start your own thread.

Hijaking a thread (Asking a question that has nothing to do with the original question) adds confusion to what the original poster has asked.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  14. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm confused!!!:-{

15. onya

onya Guest

@IHoe,
    Your not the only one. I stopped posting for that reason, lisapro15 hasn't been heard of since the start.

16. GameHhH

GameHhH Member

sorry guy, i am new to the forum, i will open my own thread

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Now I'm confused!!!!!!

HEHE J/K

Yeah it is odd that we have not heard from her since she posted. Maybe she figured the problem out.

@GameHhH

If you start your own thread you will more then likely get allot of help and advice on the problem. Welcome to the site and hope you figure out your problem.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  18. onya

onya Guest

@larrylje,
    It's nice to think she did, despite all of the confusion(s)..lol

As far as GameHhH is concerned, he posted his questions elsewhere, so I gave him some links to follow etc. 'cause I know you'd be concerned.... :)

Btw, csII.. she's doing just fine thankyou. Two thumbs up! ;)

Cheers.

19. lisapro15

lisapro15 Member

ty guys. sorry havent posted in a while. Been real busy with my schooling. However, i will try that advice u all gave me. I will come back to let u know on how it went. thx all for your help its most appreciated over here..