1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Someone, anyone please help me with this evil MXQ Amlogic box!

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Mar1018, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

Ok so.. this started with me just simply trying to upgrade OpenELEC/Kodi mine is like 2 updates behind so it's starting to run like crap as far as addons go playing movies or shows is next to impossible at this point. So I go in to openelec settings to click check for updates sense it's on manuel .. yea no nothing happened at all so I change it to auto.. nothing. Hit it a few more times finally something comes up that there is an update but I need to go to kodi.TV ??? For what ? Why the h didn't it just update ? So that was weird to me. Moving on. So I go to kodi.TV big flashy stuff telling me about krypton and all that which I can't do nothing with that because for whatever demon reason I can't obtain an Internet Explorer on my box only a Web viewer so can't download from the Internet oh Aaaannnddd my box doesn't come with Google play told you it's evil.. then I find Leopold repo that has a device update addon im pumped .. nope something pops up saying no update found for amlogic.arm .. in every option it says that or error about the URL. So I dig some more to just do it myself thru a flash drive .. I get my fresh flash put it in my laptop download the new version on the flash .. open Indigo on my box clear everything out start from scratch, put the flash in my box all that pops up is it telling me there's a flash in my box lol so I see I have to go in to my security settings and allow unknown sources... well guess freakin what my diablo box doesnt even have a security setting like it's non existent!! So I go into file manager there's my flash double click that there's my download for kodi 17 .. double click and literally nothing happens.. at all. I'm new to this I'm learning about it all but I KNOW this box is crazy something isn't right. Can someone PLEASE help me I'll even send pictures of everything I'm talking about please please please it's driving me crazy I've stayed up for hours thru the night trying to crack this! Very appreciated!

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

I think for a start the firmware on the box could be older then 5.0 if it's 4.2 etc that won't run kodi 17 krypton , you can only run krypton on firmware 5 or above , you need to download 16.1 jarvis which you can download from kodi.tv , if you can't download it directly on to your box , copy jarvis on to usb and install make its the arm version you download , you have to delete older versions of kodi before newer one will run ........

3. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

How do i check that ?? I see where it says OpenElec 5.95 and Kodi is 15. My problem is once I put the USB in how do i open the download I just put on there ?? I can see its there from file manager but how do i actually open and run it. I was reading that I could update through SSH too

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Kodi 15 is not been updated anymore , you need to delete that and install 16 jarvis , first can you supply the name of you box ........

5. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

Table cell
    So what is Kodi 17 krypton ? Its an MXQ Amlogic

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Krypton 17 is the latest version of kodi , but will work only on boxes with 5 or above firmware , so boxes that are below that ie 4.2 etc are still using the last version 16 jarvis and still works fine , OK when you turn on your box to main app screen do you have settings icon as in a large cog icon ?

7. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

How do i check the firmware ?? All I see is openelec 5.95 and Kodi 15 ... is 5.95 the version ?? No there isn't large icons, on mine they're not apps they're addons

8. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

9. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

No I don't get that at all that's something I was confused about because I know I could access my usb if I had that screen, my box starts right up into kodi no other screen comes up 1st it's the blue kodi screen

10. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

If you shut kodi down ie exit out , what do you get on your screen after it shuts down ?

11. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

OK . If you exit kodi ,shut kodi down completely what comes on your screen ?

12. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

How do i shut kodi down completely?? When I plug my power cord in the 1st thing that comes on my screen is the Kodi logo I've already did factory reset too

13. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Well the factory reset did not work because you would have lost everything inclu ding kodi which is probly a good thing , did you not get a remote control ? mxq boxes come with a remote to navagat round , the reason your not getting to home screen is because you need to shut kodi , you can use a mouse or keyboard to do the same .....

14. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

I
    I have a keyboard. I inserted a Bobby pin into the AV held it without power then applied power, the options pop up I hit recovery and it went thru the process and said complete, shut it down started it up Kodi logo still comes up and it's still kodi just with everything wiped off.. OpenELEC is the main source that comes up even when it's wiped out this is what's on my screen now after recovery

Attached Files:

15. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

OK Go to system in kodi , then addons , should now have options to get more , see can you get to that first ?

16. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

My addons
    Install from repository
    Install from zip file
    Search
    System

17. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

18. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Can you open install from zip file and see do you have a file called fusion on the right hand side .........

19. Mar1018

Mar1018 Newbie

Attached Files:

20. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

OK you no need to install fusion , go back to main kodi screen , hover over system till it highlighted blue you should now have a drop down box file manager , click and open file manager , see how that goes and pic please