1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 510 and Nero 6.... so slow!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by franz1999, Sep 21, 2003.

1. franz1999

franz1999 Member

Anybody had compatibility issues between these two products?
    When I try to record files on both DVD-R and DVD+R I set the speed to be 4x and even though my media are 4x compatible, i get barely 1x speed out of the drive.
    I can see the writing buffer oscillating dangerously between 100% and 10% all the time.
    What is the problem? Can anybody advise me on this one? I am very sad because I just bought this Sony drive and I was all happy about it....
    Please advise!

Thanks, FG

2. franz1999

franz1999 Member

The fact that nobody answers means that:
    a) nobody else has ever heard of such a problem - then I am f@#$ed...
    b) it is sunday and everybody is out having fun - then i am the only looser at home...
    c) ???
    d) there is no solution to the problem

please help!

F.

3. franz1999

franz1999 Member

All right... Now I have tried some DVD-Rs 2x that I had in the house. The record at 1x with Nero, but they do record 2x with the software given with the Sony DVDR drive...
    I hope one day somebody will answer me :-(

4. fearworks

fearworks Member

Hi. I can't help with your problem, but I have the same problem. So anyone who CAN help would be really...errrr...helpful.

5. franz1999

franz1999 Member

Don't use Nero. Use the very good software that came with the writer. It will burn at the right speed.

6. UpInHeeaa

UpInHeeaa Member

7. Drango

Drango Guest

One thing to also check is that ur drive is using DMA instead of "PIO". I have a dvr 106 and it was taking 35 mins to write a disk. I change to DMA and hey presto its now taking fifteen minutes.

click start-settings-control panel-system-hardware-device manager-IDE ATA\atapi controllers ...NOW right click on primary channel .Select properties.Select Advanced tab and make sure it says "DMA if available" in the transfer modes. Do this for secondary too.
    Hopefully this will help you

8. UpInHeeaa

UpInHeeaa Member

Exactly Drango...make sure to click the link in my post above to see more detailed info.