1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split a DVD on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by trustee, Sep 3, 2004.

1. trustee

trustee Member

Is there any Mac software that can split a DVD? Specifically something like DVDFab or DVD Rebuilder for the PC?

I'd like to be abe to backup a DVD without recompressing it to fit on a single DVD-R, and retain all the menus and extras. There seem to be a lot of options on the PC for this sort of thing, but I've come up empty on my Mac searches so far.

Any tips?

2. Londor

Londor Guest

DVD2OneX

"With cell selection you can also create a "SPLIT DISK"
    To do so, first, choose Layer from the popup menu and select (check) the first layer. Now process (press Start) your movie and call this output ie DISK1. When finished select select (check) the second layer. Process the movie again and call this output ie DISK2. Now burn the results (DISK1 and DISK2) to two disks and you have a splited disk"
    Extracted from DVD2OneX Help/How to make a movie copy.

3. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

You can split a dvd also with ffmpegx,but i never tried it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2004
  4. trustee

trustee Member

DVD2OneX does the trick if I only want to backup a movie. Unless I'm missing something, this particular mode (movie copy) doesn't keep the menus and extras, and it can only split at the layer point. But I'm really looking for something with more flexibility. I want to keep the menus and extras, and pick how/where I want to split it (ie. by chapter or cell instead of just layer.)