1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting AVI files for Gmini 400

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mtnhouse, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mtnhouse

mtnhouse Member

I've been trying to create AVIs for an Archos Gmini 400. I've been using http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1351#1351 as a reference. Handbrake seems to work great, but I'm having trouble with the audio sync. I think I need to lop off the first few seconds due to a "firmware bug in the Archos that improperly fails to recognize two seconds of blank video at the beginning of most commercial DVDs."

I've tried Explicit and DS-3 to split the AVI. I get a 1st part that looks right, but the 2nd part is the complete AVI (1st part still included). I suspect this is because of a header error showing the AVI as 0 total length. Tried to fix the AVI header with DS-3, but that didn't work.

This is my first time working with AVIs, so I'm probably doing something stupid. Tnx for any help.

2. mtnhouse

mtnhouse Member

I realized that 1st Explicit pass provides a repaired AVI (as part 2). I reprocessed that through Explicit and lopped off the first 5 seconds. Quicktime reflected the removed frames. However, on the Gmini 400, there was still no audio sync. Audio is a few seconds ahead of video. Lost,