1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by malmalmal, Apr 4, 2008.

1. certacito

certacito Member

A question for you...
    Some time ago I saw mention of an updated version of Nagravision, I think it was called Nagravision 3. Does anyone know what are the differences between the older version now with N*L and this newer one.
    And also what is the current roll out of this version over the regions and when does anybody think that this will be regrettably unveiled here in Dublin.If it is going to be a fact that this will be the new standard I hope that we will have the benefit of a complete new and robust firmware. Any thoughts.
    I look forward very much to hearing from you.
    All the best from ME.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Display 0

Its a hardware fault.

1.Remove the cap (c21) electrolytic near the ribbon on the psu board.
    2.Boot the box , it should boot to on and function correctly , the psu will hum ignore it , just let it boot to ON ,then turn it back off.
    3.Replace electrolytic cap (c11) 1000 mic @10v on the psu board , resolder (c21)
    thats it done.

You can get caps from Maplins

3. Alank123

Alank123 Regular member

ta Celtic

4. ocathan

ocathan Member

how do you enter the codes into the starview

5. malci

malci Guest

Menu - 1570 and Cas System will appear will appear - Press OK on Nagravision and > use arrow key to find your provider - Down past Key Number 00 to Key Data and enter the codes one at a time when entered Press OK to save that line, and then go up to Key Number and alter with arrow key > to 01 back down to Key data and repeat the above, when done Press OK to save. Exit and make sure your Key EMU is still ON and exit out to TV.

6. moore29

moore29 Guest

does anyone no how to help me . i have downloaded the CryptStar-v1.4-Core257 version to the box.... but now it dont seem to even power on.anyone able to help. much appreciated

7. ocathan

ocathan Member

cheers malci for the help

8. Alfastate

Alfastate Member

Hi Guys,
    Put the ntl ireland codes in for today and they worked fine, but its gone down again and codes not working, is there any new codes for ireland available.

Thanks

9. malci

malci Guest

Check out this page for codes, >>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/652196

10. malci

malci Guest

Your welcome ocathan, hope you have the hang of it now Cheers :)

11. malci

malci Guest

What box have you put it on - it doesn't power on ????

12. deanhook

deanhook Guest

can anyone help ive got my starview box pluged to my pc but when i try to open the gtrom loder it will not open and when i try to open the cryptstar-v1.4-genuineonly .zip it says open with internet can anyyone tell me wat im doing

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You need W1nRar to extrat the GT ROM Loader file , You can download this from Eamo's Library also :)

14. starviews

starviews Member

hello, im sure one of the experts can help me out and for that id be greatful. Im updating my (cloned)starview box with the new crystal clone safe .bin file, im using a usb to rs232 converter(ive configured the port to com1) and a null modem cable which i think is crossed wired. Anyway when i try to download the firmware onto the box, the download status bar goes to about 3% and then i get the error message "download failed". Hope someone can help, btw im leaving the box on standby when i try download also tried it switched completely now. Thanks in advance

15. superreds

superreds Regular member

ive another question for our exports, i have a starview box,i got it last wk because my dreambox kept goin down,on the dreambox there is a way of getting extra channels adult ect,does anybody know how to do the same with the starview???

16. apkavana

apkavana Member

if you do a scan in Dub you only get 3 Adult channels on NTL, when doing autoscan your Star should go to 36/36 frequencys to search for channels , thid is all I know .. if it does not work the first time do a rescan

17. superreds

superreds Regular member

thanks for the reply apkavana

18. belcov

belcov Member

please can someone help me!!!!!!
    when i put code for 00 i cannot get 01
    when i put code for 01 i cannot get 00
    what can i do? your help is apreciated.

19. malci

malci Guest

Take you time and enter them again, go down to key Number make sure it is on 00 then down to Key Data and enter that line when done Press OK to save that line, then go up to 00 and alter to 01 > with arrow key down to Key Data enter that line and Press OK again to save that line. (You must make sure that you save after entering each line by pressing OK) it will do no harm if you press OK after entering each digit if you want to.

If you are still having problems after that then Press the default Key in Cas System and do it all over again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2008
  20. belcov

belcov Member

the arrow key> just changes the code it doesnt go from 00 to 01